Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Old Christmas commercials...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I use to really love the older Christmas ads when it was not only a sponsor, but the emphasis was more on the season than the product. Sad to see those times changing.
    Me, too. It made me like their brand more.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Some of my favorites were (of course) the old toy commercials...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

There are many on Youtube,i watch them through christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    There are many on Youtube,i watch them through christmas.
    I've caught a few of them myself. Brings back many fond memories...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Home alone 2 View Post
    These aren't commercials/adverts but I found some old 80's/90's BBC one and BBC two Christmas ident's ! they were so much better back then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69quw1y-iak
    I liked those. Sometimes it's soothing to see things back before the high tech/realistic stuff they have today.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowAngel View Post
    It's fun to watch holiday movies we taped when we were younger and than to see them with the commercials and news features.
    I know- it brings back so many memories!

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    Any one else like the more recent M&M's commericals? I just like way the house is decorated, it just looks warm and inviting. Also the ringing Hershey Kisses, even though they're played out, still remind me that its that time of year ;-)

M&Ms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knidq8QClHw

Kisses
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HtSLF4vlrk
    I was just appreciating the ringing Kisses this past Christmas!

They are kind of nice and not pushy with sales. I got an old-time Christmas radio show that had some interesting commercials on them... lol

Campbells soup.....the kid comes in from the cold frozen like a snowman and warms up eating a warm bowl of soup

I kind of liked the old "Norelco" commercial, where Santa was riding the 'floating heads' through the snow... lol