Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Candy canes

suanne Guest

:santa: suanne

hi i'm suanne from australia. i always put candy canes on my christmas tree. the red in the canes represent the blood of christ and the white represents the purity of the holy spirit. my grandies love them and i buy quite alot to replenish the tree as christmas nears

We love the traditional peppermint canes on our tree and they don't last at all. A few years ago I made dark chocolate dipped canes and rolled them into red,green sprinkles for my class. I had alot of children ask me for cherry canes for some reason.
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat

chocolate dipped candy canes I think that sounds good. Thanks for sharing with us.

That is a great idea....I'll try that this year..I love chocolate and mint together.

Quote Originally Posted by suanne View Post
    hi i'm suanne from australia. i always put candy canes on my christmas tree. the red in the canes represent the blood of christ and the white represents the purity of the holy spirit. my grandies love them and i buy quite alot to replenish the tree as christmas nears
    Hi Suanne!

Welcome to the forums!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

candy canes always have on the tree

I bought a box of the cherry ones for my greats and put them on my tree If I can find the cinnamon ones again this year I will buy myself a box to put on the tree.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I have so many decorations, that I can't put them all on the tree as it is. I do like them, but I just don't have room for them. When I was a kid we always hung candy canes on the tree, along with my mom's homemade gingerbread men.

Quote Originally Posted by suanne View Post
    Isn't it interesting how people have different views on things? I was always told it represented the sheppard's staff.

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Every year- this was a family tradition when we were kids. The fruity ones were our favorite. In fact we even had little trees in our room that we could decorate by ourselfs and we had the mini candy canes on those. Heck- we even strung popcorn. I loved it- I can't wait til my son gets old enough to help and enjoy doing those things.