Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improvement Ideas?

Improvement Ideas?

PLEASE HELP ME! It seems like I don't know how to make my tree pretty. I admit it's my own perception of things; my husband and youngest daughter tell me that last year's main tree was beautiful, but I disagree. I'm like Adrian Monk; things never look right to me!

Can someone suggest something to make it look more professional? I'm buying a new tree topper:

http://www.everythingchristmas.com.au/prod349.htm

A traditional style Angel tree topper beautifully detailed by Jim Shore. Body crafted of handpainted polyresin. Skirt is red fabric embroidered with small red flowers on bottom band of white fabric. The wings are supposedly white felt with appliques.

I also bought some gold glass pinecones and more red glass hearts. I'm thinking that the tree needs some flower picks, but I don't know what to buy or how to attach them.

Unfortunately, our carpet is country blue.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

This is a three-foot tree I did last year:

Why is it sideways?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I'm buying a new tree topper:

http://www.everythingchristmas.com.au/prod349.htm

A traditional style Angel tree topper beautifully detailed by Jim Shore. Body crafted of handpainted polyresin. Skirt is red fabric embroidered with small red flowers on bottom band of white fabric. The wings are supposedly white felt with appliques.
    She's beautiful! I love Jim Shore's creations!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

I don't know if they'll help, but check out the Christmas tree articles on About.com:

http://interiordec.about.com/od/cmas...streedecor.htm
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Thanks, Bob! I clicked on the one about nosegays. This looks like it will help me do some floral stuff on the tree. I don't know if I'll get it done this year, but I might next year.

http://interiordec.about.com/cs/holi...cmasbunch1.htm

I do best with a picture to follow though. I think I hate my living room now. :( I'm ready to go watch an episode of Monk.

I want someone to critique my tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    Thanks, Bob! I clicked on the one about nosegays. This looks like it will help me do some floral stuff on the tree. I don't know if I'll get it done this year, but I might next year.

http://interiordec.about.com/cs/holi...cmasbunch1.htm

I do best with a picture to follow though. I think I hate my living room now. :( I'm ready to go watch an episode of Monk.

I want someone to critique my tree.
    Glad you found something to help you out a little...You are too funny with your Christmas tree critiquing! I think your trees look beautiful! I really like the 3-foot Jim Shore tree; what lovely ornaments!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:tree: Trees

your tree looks beautiful I love how you did it Mine looks messy compared to yours!

Now I KNOW there's something wrong with my head! I forgot to finish putting my pinecones on the Jim Shore tree and neither of you said anything! Adrian Monk understands me and would have at least pointed that out. LOL.

Thumbs up

Was that your tree for this year. I never thought of pinecones on my tree. I am thinking of putting up a 3 ft tree in our bedroom though. If I do I will take a picture not sure how I will decorate it yet. presents

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    Was that your tree for this year. I never thought of pinecones on my tree. I am thinking of putting up a 3 ft tree in our bedroom though. If I do I will take a picture not sure how I will decorate it yet. presents
    That tree was for last year. The pinecones are carved from wood and were made in East Germany. I bought them in the seventies.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."