Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Here in France 6 or 7 years ago, they tried to have people celebrating Halloween, but it didn't work much because it's not a french tradition. It was just commercial. Now, only young people celebrate Halloween, most of the time in primary schools, to get candy or to illustrate the english course.
    Anyway let me tell you about a tradition in my area, which I knew when I was a child. In my grandmother's village, close to Germany, there was a night called "witches'night" It took place in the late days of may. During that night, witches and spirits where supposed to visit earth. People curved beet root, put a candle inside and put the roots outside their windows. Village teenagers where playing many tricks during that night. It looked like Halloween in spring, didn't it ?

HI Happy Holidays! I am someone new but of the same heart as you all. I usually start way early. I love Christmas! This year the Christmas spirit hit me on October 2. LOL I started listening to Christmas music. The reason for that is that I am deaf and have a cochlear implant that makes me hear. Christmas music is what I hear best because of my brains memory of it. I also was sitting at the computer writing and article for our cochlear implant support group's newsletter. The article went into that direction and there you have it. I have been in the mode since then. I am decorating right now in between clients (I give in home nursing care for the elderly and those in need). I leave the house to go to work shortly. Gee I am not getting anything done because I found this web site. Look for more of my Christmas spirit in the up coming days.

welcome to the forums it is always CHristmas here. I would have put my tree up in september if hubby would have let me but he thinks I am crazy enough without my tree up that early. I love to shop for CHristmas. I am already starting a book of ideas for gifts in 2009. I am one who likes to plan things out. presents
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajfree View Post
    HI Happy Holidays! I am someone new but of the same heart as you all. I usually start way early. I love Christmas! This year the Christmas spirit hit me on October 2. LOL I started listening to Christmas music. The reason for that is that I am deaf and have a cochlear implant that makes me hear. Christmas music is what I hear best because of my brains memory of it. I also was sitting at the computer writing and article for our cochlear implant support group's newsletter. The article went into that direction and there you have it. I have been in the mode since then. I am decorating right now in between clients (I give in home nursing care for the elderly and those in need). I leave the house to go to work shortly. Gee I am not getting anything done because I found this web site. Look for more of my Christmas spirit in the up coming days.
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

I'm glad you found us and hope you continue to have fun here with us! Glad the Christmas spirit hit you so hard and early so you can enjoy it all this year. Look forward to hearing more from you soon...

Merry Christmas,
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

It depends on the year when I start feeling the Christmas spirit. I'm only now starting to feel the holiday spirit. I'm now listening to Christmas music on a fairly regular basis. My kids aren't shy about telling me, "it's too early"!

We're getting light snow and cold temps lately in Michigan, so that make it seem close to Christmas.

Anyone breaking about the Christmas DVDs?

Quote Originally Posted by flick's tongue View Post
    It depends on the year when I start feeling the Christmas spirit. I'm only now starting to feel the holiday spirit. I'm now listening to Christmas music on a fairly regular basis. My kids aren't shy about telling me, "it's too early"!

We're getting light snow and cold temps lately in Michigan, so that make it seem close to Christmas.

Anyone breaking about the Christmas DVDs?
    Hello and welcome to the forums!

I love your avatar...What a classic movie A Christmas Story is! Interesting username, any certain significance?

DW put on a couple of Christmas tapes for our 1-year-old to watch yesterday as we put out a few decorations. Tonight we actually watched Christmas Vacation, which is always a good time! I love that movie!

Again, welcome!
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Thanks for the warm welcome. Flick is the kid in A Christmas Story that sticks his tongue on the frozen pole.

I feel it when people turn on their outdoor Christmas lights.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Somewhere in between Black Friday and the first week in December.

Denise Wilson
    Charming Gift Store
    http://www.charminggiftstore.com
    Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

[QUOTE=charminggiftstore;6282]Somewhere in between Black Friday and the first week in December.

by the end of november.
    by the way, do you prefer christmas eve or december the 25th ?
    I'm always a bit disappointed on december the 25th...for it's over...
    Merry Christmas and happy New Year from France