Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Hallmark Channel is all Christmas movies, 24/7 from Halloween until New Year's Day!! New ones premiere every Saturday and Sunday. Our DVR is LOADED already!!
    Mike- do you also get the other Hallmark Station "Hallmark Movies and Mysteries"? They also show Christmas movies - some real oldies, like Holiday Inn and some new.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

ahh the holiday season. We make Christmas arts and crafts all year long and start decorating on Thanksgiving. We also love that that holiday movies come out on the Hallmark channels in July.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Hello All!!!

Gosh when do I start to get the holiday feeling?! It must be the end of Sept, when the season starts to change, the nights are drawing in and summer has fully gone! Now we are about to go into the second week of October I'm definitely feeling it every day! I was out yesterday and there was such a cold nip in the air and it felt so crisp, I should have put my winter coat on! Im having a day off today and so having a lazy one. I'm lying in bed writing this with a hot chocolate, toast and butter and listening to a crackling fireplace with wind and thunderstorms on my laptop (such a loser!) but it makes me feel so cosy!
    11 weeks tomorrow it will be christmas eve!!!!!

I start thinking Christmas the middle of August when I am so tired of summer. I start feeling Christmas in October when the weather begins to change. My husband starts thinking/feeling Christmas about a week before. I have to be careful not to bring out the bah humbug in him before he is ready so sometimes I just keep my Christmas enthusiasm to myself. I can get him to watch the movie 'Christmas Vacation' all year round.

I usually get the feeling around the first part of September. Summer is over, the Fall portion is beginning, the NFL is kicking off and I realize just how quickly it will be Christmas. Of course in our home, we keep some of our Christmas decorations up year round. Especially in my office...