Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

It is so nice to see that there are other people out there with the same love for Christmas that I have!

I start to get that warm Christmas feeling when October comes around, especially when the air starts to get that crisp smell that reminds me that it is the holiday season! Christmas time warms my heart more than anything else. I have already started listening to Christmas music on my iPad (there is a great free app called Xmas Radio where you can listen to unlimited Christmas music year round)!

When I tell my friends and family that I am excited for the holiday season to start, they automatically assume that I just want gifts. That is not the case though! I love the Christmas season most because it is a time of giving back and spending time with the people you love! I love wrapping and giving gifts as well. It is such a beautiful time of the year.

I can't wait for the Christmas music to start in November!

For me I usually find that around August I am longing for Christmas. But it usually feels like the holiday season on the 1st of November when I end up walking into stores and seeing all the decorations and they start to play a bit of christmas music

I am officially feeling the Christmas season! The Starbucks red cups and seasonal holiday drinks come out tomorrow

When September comes, my mood changes a lot, I admit... Its the weather that changes a little, its the rains that come more often, its autumn..
    Im always happy when autumn comes, my good friends.. Then, I know, that Christmas is coming and that I have 2 months to get prepared before I start decorating the first days of November!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    When September comes, my mood changes a lot, I admit... Its the weather that changes a little, its the rains that come more often, its autumn..
    Im always happy when autumn comes, my good friends.. Then, I know, that Christmas is coming and that I have 2 months to get prepared before I start decorating the first days of November!
    You start decorating in November? Blimey. I usually wait until the first weekend in December.

Don't get me wrong, if I gave in to my temptations, I would decorate in October, but I feel December is the special month when everything Christmas is happening.

I start getting the feeling of excitement around the middle of October; They start putting the Christmas stuff out in stores around that time too. I try to only take one holiday at a time though, so I really try to avoid Christmas things until after Halloween. Basically November 1st, you can start bringing on the Christmas songs! Hehe.

I find that if I start too early on a holiday season the novelty and excitement can burn off prematurely.

SantaCollector Guest
    I love, love, love this time of year!!

The one tradition that I do, without fail, on Thanksgiving night, after we get home
    from sharing a great time with Family, is to put up my two pine cone wreathes (front door and back door)
    My late MIL made them for our first Christmas (39 years ago) and they are still beautiful!

I started listening to Christmas music in October!
    Our tree is going up, the day after Thanksgiving!!
    Can't wait to decorate!!

Maureen

I do Hallowe'en very big ...
    http://usersites.horrorfind.com/home...roduction.html
    this is my website if you want to see what I mean! But don't get me wrong I'm a holiday nut , I started listening to Christmas music right after Hallowe'en and I wait till after my daughters birthday (nov 10) and Remembrance day to put up Christmas decorations.
    That Christmasy feeling hits me hard and I love it!

I'm already starting to feel that Christmas feeling...but I think it really hits the day after Thanksgiving for me

The first time the Coca-Cola trucks advert comes on. 10th November this year!