Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

I've been listening to Christmas music since August.
    Once we get into the "ber" months, I really start to
    feel it though. I start really celebrating in November,
    right after Halloween. That way I get a full 2 months
    to celebrate my favorite holiday

Though my mom doesn't let us take the decorations out
    until the day after Thanksgiving :(
    Last edited by omgitzdestineex; 10-18-2011 at 02:10 AM.

:snow:

Well...living in Canada, it is a tad early to start putting up Christmas decorations after our Thanksgiving, but I start getting excited around then anyways!! On November 1st, I watch Christmas with the Kranks and pull out my Chicken Soup for the Christmas Soul! Christmas makes me so happy that the earlier I start thinking about it, the better!!!

I usually get really into it right before thanksgiving but this year ive been excited since september when i started seeing stores putting out their christmas stuff. ive always loved christmas but i think its even better watching my kids getting all excited!

:snow:

I really feel that Christmas feeling when the first winter-smelling cold front moves in. You know, when the air smells like chimney smoke and has that chilly bite to it... Then I start singing "It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas" and I feel so excited and happy!

:gingerbread:

I LOVE that smell!! We live near a nature trail, and that smell of nature + the chimney smell is so wonderful!!! Totally know where you're coming from!!

Quote Originally Posted by kristleful View Post
    I really feel that Christmas feeling when the first winter-smelling cold front moves in. You know, when the air smells like chimney smoke and has that chilly bite to it... Then I start singing "It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas" and I feel so excited and happy!
    I love that, too! There's just something about that cold, crisp air and the smell of smoke gently wafting from the chimney of a nearby home, that gives a certain excitement as Christmas draws nearer. I knew that feeling many times when I lived up in MIchigan, but here in Florida, it's generally shorts, t-shirts, and sandals and occasionally, even the a/c on. Christmas is still Christmas and still wonderful, just different.

Mostly right after Halloween.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    No matter when it starts...it's definitely in FULL FORCE right now!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

The beginning of December.

Smile

When I see harvest items on the shelves at BIG LOTS
    www.carolinapanthercoalition.com