Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Slowly everything begins now. I can't believe it's September now.
    In 2 months i start Christmas shopping.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

:tree:

We're getting there

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

As soon as the garden centres start to decorate then the feeling get you..

Yes tinkerbell - I love going to our local garden centre, its fantastic at Christmas. Their displays are normally ready mid october as they also sell fireworks etc.

Now September is here and the mornings are actually that little bit darker and its getting dark around 8.15pm I know Christmas isnt that far away.

We are off to find some Conkers tonight in the park and then after that its time to sit down and book our activities for our Winter Break to Centerparcs in December - cant wait!!!

Autumn may be here but I sense the stores are holding back on their Christmas offerings in the hope of making the most of the good weather and getting the 'back to School' merchandising out of the way.

In contrast to last year there have yet to be any tabloid reports of towns putting up their Christmas lights ridiculously early.

Our local garden centre are advertising that their Christmas grotto will be opening as usual in early October, when it does I will share their web link with you, you'll find it a treat!

So all in all I feel that things are on the tipping point, but not starting to tip yet...
    So let the raucous sleigh bells jingle,
    Hail our dear old friend kris kringle,
    Driving his reindeer across the sky.
    Don't stand underneath when they fly by.

hey ! for me i start feeling the hoilday season around halloween for some reason im not quite sure what it is , its properly because all the christmas stuff in the shops are out and the days are freezing and the nights are darker and proper winter is setting in ! :D but saying that i have been feeling the christmas season / spirt since april / may as i cant stop thinking about it im already looking at what to my buy everyone ( family and friends ) and already in tesco's they have all there christmas chocolate tins out ! off rosies , quality street , celebrations , minture heros, mingles and terry's chocolate sements ! :D me and my mum was looking at them all just the other day ! and mum said we will have to buy them soon but i pointed if she brought them now they'd all be eaten by time christmas got here ! lolx

and i also have to agree with the garden centres at christmas ! me , my sister , dad , step mum , step sister and step borther all went to one off our local ones the other year too look at there decorations to put on our tree and i tell you my dad and step mum had alot off trouble getting us out there !

love dinky steph aka steph

I think my feelings are going higher and higher when nights are going darker and darker. (Yes, here sun is not getting down in summertime so nights are bright) Now i start burn candles and maybe listening christmasmusic and making presents.

louisastreater Guest
    yeah, i already started my shopping from : http://www.Bluechopsticks.com. And just waiting for Christmas always my holiday season..
    Last edited by louisastreater; 09-07-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Myy79 View Post
    I think my feelings are going higher and higher when nights are going darker and darker. (Yes, here sun is not getting down in summertime so nights are bright)
    Wow, what's that like? Do you get tired of it? Are those the "white nights"? Does your body need time to get used to it?

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Yes, those are these white nights. Specially midsummer, then sun is not falling at all. Becouse of brightness we have a black-outcurtains in sleepingroom so we can sleep well.

So we have two extremitys: summer and winter. In middlewinter (christmastime) sun is not rising at all.