Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Thanks, I'll try and post a link to some of what the house looks like, year round.
    I Love This Christmasy Time of Year!

HELLO CHRISTMAS FANATICS: Yahoo I am so glad there are other kooks out there just like me. LOL I started feeling and thinking about Christmas this year in the middle of September but tried to ignore the urges. My husband would absolutely freak out if I put anything out before November 1. I usually compromise and start on the 15th of November. But I have some very lovely and beautiful fall decorations and I LOVVVVE TO do tablescapes. I just finished fall/Thanksgiving dining tablescape and sideboard. So that kind of pacifies my need. This year I am going to go through all my christmas stuff and get rid of some of it (which I have a lot) and I want to have a completely different tree. I have already bought a few Christmas gifts and would have bought more if the money was abundant.

welcome ajfree!! we're glad you have joined us. There's only about 6 weeks til I get to start decorating and putting up the tree! yahooo!

:holly:

As it has gotten cooler here and we have seen snow showers so that puts us in the mood as we are waiting for our first snow and i've already watched a couple of my movies.Can't wait for the big day as i call it decorating day.

:tree:

Two stores near my house get ready to put their decorations up.. Then, I will feel better the holiday season, since autumn does not seem to visit Greece this year..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I have been watching Christmas movies this week

Once Black Friday rolls around, I'm in full Christmas mood.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by ANGWife View Post
    I have been watching Christmas movies this week

Once Black Friday rolls around, I'm in full Christmas mood.
    Any particular movie??
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Well I’ve been upset with the Wal-Mart near my house this year. They have not put up any of their decorations for Christmas yet. Usually they are up at the end of September but now it’s already the 7th and no decorations to browse. But I guess it’s for the best it will help build up the excitement for Christmas.

When do I start to feel the holiday season?

Usually first week of November. I start drinking my coffee with gingerbread or eggnog flavoring. I'll ease in some Christmas music in the car and at home. By the middle of the month, Christmas decorations start going up around the city and one of the local radio stations go 24/7 with Christmas music. And of course day after Thanksgiving, it's full blown Christmas mode!

Welcome to all things christmas! Glad to have ya aboard!