Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Hybrid View

Thank you, Im sure we all will!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I'm back for another year of Christmas...this is site has become a tradition for me, its been four years now! Happy October 1st! Holiday season has offically started!!
    Same here! I'm definitely trying to enjoy the fall and the holidays that come with it, but I cannot help but think of Christmas! It also doesn't help that many stores are beginning to fill with holiday goodies! Glad I'm not the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by HomeAlone View Post
    Same here! I'm definitely trying to enjoy the fall and the holidays that come with it, but I cannot help but think of Christmas! It also doesn't help that many stores are beginning to fill with holiday goodies! Glad I'm not the only one!
    Me too! So this year I went to the ToysRUs to buy my niece a birthday present (this was at the beginning of September) and ended up buying waaay too much (as usual) so I reserved the rest for Christmas. Now this got me thinking. Every year I say I will start Christmas shopping early so my wallet doesn't take such a hit in December, but I just never seem to do it. So since then I've been actively shopping and thinking about Christmas and it has got me into the Christmas spirit like crazy!

All I can say is I'm glad that this forum exists! Every time I've mentioned Christmas in the last couple of weeks to my friends and family they've rolled their eyes at me 'cause it's not even Halloween yet. However they roll their eyes at me every November 1st when I try to get them pumped too, so I guess they're just lost causes. It's so great to have a place where I can say I'm listening to Christmas music right now and just can't wait 'til it starts snowing and the lights go up. I'm such a sucker for the this holiday.

So that was my rant. To those who are like me: You are not alone. We may be crazy, but we smile often and I can't see anything wrong with that .

While the Christmas music doesn't start around our house until Nov 1, Oct 1 is when those 'feelings' start to creep back again
    http://www.allthingschristmas.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19786&dateline=132203  4169

Being a true Christmas fanatic it's never really far from my mind and heart.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

It is so nice to see that there are other people out there with the same love for Christmas that I have!

I start to get that warm Christmas feeling when October comes around, especially when the air starts to get that crisp smell that reminds me that it is the holiday season! Christmas time warms my heart more than anything else. I have already started listening to Christmas music on my iPad (there is a great free app called Xmas Radio where you can listen to unlimited Christmas music year round)!

When I tell my friends and family that I am excited for the holiday season to start, they automatically assume that I just want gifts. That is not the case though! I love the Christmas season most because it is a time of giving back and spending time with the people you love! I love wrapping and giving gifts as well. It is such a beautiful time of the year.

I can't wait for the Christmas music to start in November!

For me I usually find that around August I am longing for Christmas. But it usually feels like the holiday season on the 1st of November when I end up walking into stores and seeing all the decorations and they start to play a bit of christmas music

I am officially feeling the Christmas season! The Starbucks red cups and seasonal holiday drinks come out tomorrow

When September comes, my mood changes a lot, I admit... Its the weather that changes a little, its the rains that come more often, its autumn..
    Im always happy when autumn comes, my good friends.. Then, I know, that Christmas is coming and that I have 2 months to get prepared before I start decorating the first days of November!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    When September comes, my mood changes a lot, I admit... Its the weather that changes a little, its the rains that come more often, its autumn..
    Im always happy when autumn comes, my good friends.. Then, I know, that Christmas is coming and that I have 2 months to get prepared before I start decorating the first days of November!
    You start decorating in November? Blimey. I usually wait until the first weekend in December.

Don't get me wrong, if I gave in to my temptations, I would decorate in October, but I feel December is the special month when everything Christmas is happening.