Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

It's hard not to have that Christmasy feeling when it's snowing...getting anywhere from 10 to 20 cm by morning. As much as I love Christmas I also do a huge Hallowe'en yard haunt and the snow is mucking it up! Outside of that it pretty nice.
    Last edited by Sam the snowman; 10-27-2013 at 04:49 PM.

Definitely, from this weekend, when I will start decorating home, no matter the weather....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

frostythesnowman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Definitely, from this weekend, when I will start decorating home, no matter the weather....
    have a fantastic time decorating this weekend olga...

Feeling it now but won't begin to decorate until 2 weeks before Christmas. As an adult I can decorate anytime I want but because I like to capture that anticipation I felt as a child I hold off until the traditional day my family decorated when I was young.....brings back warm, fuzzy feelings.

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    When don't I feel it?
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I consider the "holiday season" to start with Halloween, and include Guy Fawkes Night (which is a big deal here in the UK) and run through Christmas right into the early New Year. So late October, really. I always visit theme parks at Halloween, so it gets me into the holiday spirit!

Just like the past 5 years I'm back and feeling the season everybody else ready? And crazy that this thread has over 60k views...didn't expect that when I started it years ago.

I'm always ready for Christmas, Sean! Glad I found this site for people who love it as much as I do!

:santa:

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Just like the past 5 years I'm back and feeling the season everybody else ready? And crazy that this thread has over 60k views...didn't expect that when I started it years ago.
    I'm ready ! My only problem is it's far too mild here the weather isn't cold enough.
    3 months to go bring it on!!!!!
    Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night !!!!!

Weather got a little cooler, nights are chilly, temp has dropped to 20c, its that time of season where I start listening a bit more to my Christmas cds, while making plans for my decoration, my presents. It feels really great and I would never change these days for anything in the world!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)