Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jonnym14 View Post
    im starting to feel the "christmas feelings" right about now. I am 14 and live for christmas. My parents laugh at me because I started playing carols on the stereo while doing my homework. They kind of spoil the feeling for me and make me feel like im the only one excited. This is great to see that other people are in this with me. Novemeber 15, in my opinion, is the kickoff on the christmas season. I love thanksgiving too, but you cant beat Christmas. The lights, decorations, carols, family, reminiscing on memories. I cant wait till we put up the 25 day calender for Christmas.My parents all ready have recieved over 20 catalogs in the mail. Christmas Eve at Grandmas house is amazing. I needed to get all of my feelings out here, because its driving me nuts! Someone respond... Happy Early Holiday
    YOU are just like I was! I am 24 now but since I can remember I lived for christmas as a child! My mom would go nuts in September when I would pull out all of our christmas stuff just to look at it! It's good to hear that you have so much love in your heart for such a special holiday! You should be doing some things in school for christmas season in a month or so right?

Early Merry Christmas!

I have been busy researching good recipes to try out on hubby this holiday season. But I am glad it is getting cooler here it sets the mood so to speak. Welcome you have joined a great group of people. we are all CHristmas crazy here!

showing presentspresents

Yea. I go to a really good catholic high school in long island , and we started to talk about it in religion. But schools okay. The best part is coming home and playing christmas carols. You get that warm feeling inside. You know what I mean. I just cant wait. When i was 11 I stopped believing in Santa and the last three Christmas's i didnt have as much joy. But its came back this year. Write back. Jonathan

Jonathan,

I don't remember when I stopped believeing-probably because I have always had it in me! This is my first year living in my own house and even last year at my parents house I made them WAIT until we were all in bed to put out presents-lol-It makes it more exciting christmas morning not knowing what the gifts under the tree look like!!!presents

haha thats great! presents

I totally agree! Like I always start getting excited for Christmas in like late September! And now I am in college and when I have spare time I am always online looking at the holiday stuff.. I love it. And I don't remember when I stopped believing in Santa either. I think it was always in the back of my mind but I never displayed it because I think it would ruin my Christmas spirit to act like there was NO Santa at all, ya know. I also make my parents wait to put out the presents til Christmas eve when we are all asleep.. it bulids anticipation and excitement! I love it.. it is one of the best parts.. and we even still leave out Christmas cookies and milk and my dad eats them while they are wrapping presents all night.. good memories

I always put out our gifts when I put the tree up. I have even wrpped empty boxes before to create the look under the tree. Maybe sometime we will wait until Christmas Eve to put out our gifts for each other. and just put the empty boxes under the tree until then!presents

:snow:

I start feeling Christmasy when I feel the jack frost nip in the air....Sometime in October...I can actually smell Christmas...

ellepeace Guest
    I start to get that gingerbread feeling as soon as I can feel a chill in the air. Halloween is nice but I love the magic of Christmas!

Last night was cold enough to be CHristmas. I have to take the dogs out at 11 pm so I know it was cold!