Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you start to feel the holiday season?

Hybrid View

When do you start to feel the holiday season?

When do you start to get that warm feeling inside that its the holiday season?

:tree: Holiday feeling

Right now. I am dying to put up my tree which hubby says I can the day before Halloween. It means alot coming from the original Ebenzer Scrooge himself. I have him talked into it. He says he won't help but he does every year. I am almost finished shopping only three more gift cards to go.

But first I have to pay off my Avon. I already have him listening to christmas music.

So next friday is my tree trimming party!

You beat me!! i dont start till the 1st of november! thats very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    Right now. I am dying to put up my tree which hubby says I can the day before Halloween. It means alot coming from the original Ebenzer Scrooge himself. I have him talked into it. He says he won't help but he does every year. I am almost finished shopping only three more gift cards to go.

But first I have to pay off my Avon. I already have him listening to christmas music.

So next friday is my tree trimming party!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    You beat me!! i dont start till the 1st of november! thats very cool!
    Well I'm jealous of you both! We won't put our's up until the day of or the day after Thanksgiving.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Well for some reason i posted this thread and didnt say what got me in the spirit. As weird as it sounds i really start to feel it when i walk into walmart and see the christmas decorations/trees/ and lights being put up...even if it was in the middle of october! lol presents

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Well for some reason i posted this thread and didnt say what got me in the spirit. As weird as it sounds i really start to feel it when i walk into walmart and see the christmas decorations/trees/ and lights being put up...even if it was in the middle of october! lol presents
    I know what you mean...Whenever I walk into Target or WalMart or even Lowe's and see all of the decorations coming out I get so excited and immediately want to break out my Christmas CDs and start going thru my decorations.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Well I'm jealous of you both! We won't put our's up until the day of or the day after Thanksgiving.
    Do you mind explaining what Thanksgiving is please? I see it a lot on programs like Friends and Buffy the Vampire Slayer and other american series' and get the gist of it being a Roast dinner, and soemthing to do with native Americans? Or am I waaaay off? Haha! How close to Christmas is Thanks Giving celebrated? Which day of the year? Is it to do with Christmas, or a separate holiday?

Sorry for the questions. I hope you don't mind me asking but I'm so curious!

Thanksgiving was originally celebrated by the pilgrims in the 1600's in celebration of a successful harvest and food gathering and hunting. The pilgrims (who sailed from England) celebrated with the Native Americans who helped them get through the year! It was meant to give thanks to God for his blessings and that they had survived the brutal year full of hardships. It did not become a national holiday until years later. It is held on the 4th Thursday of November. It involves eating great food and spending time with family. Traditionally the meal consists of Roast Turkey with gravy, bread/herb stuffing, potatoes, yams, various vegetables and breads, cranberry sauce, and pies (especially pumpkin). The exact menu varies from region to region and family to family. We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade which kicks off the holiday season and football games! The day after is Black Friday and is the official kickoff of the holiday shopping season! Hope this explains! It is a much treasured and enjoyable holiday!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 11-02-2010 at 07:47 AM.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

warmth

Ya i definitely start to feel the holiday season when I walk into any store, no matter when it is, and they have their trees displayed and all that good stuff.. and I wish i could put up my tree the day before halloween!! I will for sure when I have my own home!

It feels good to have the freedom to choose when your tree goes up. I am thankful hubby permitted mine to go up this soon! I have enough ornaments to do a second tree!