Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Best & Worst Christmas gifts

:gift:

Best gift was an hour long beauty treatment at my favorite beauty salon from my husband. He knew I wanted some pampering.
    Worst gift was a t-shirt with Mo (my sister got Curly and my brother in-law got Larry) from a friend who likes me the least I guess
    Last edited by SilverBells; 06-15-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Quote Originally Posted by karanmi View Post
    I think the worse Christmas gift I ever recieved had to have been in 1978. I was going through a divorce at the time. My husband had left for another woman. Well this was the third time this had happened and each year it was just shortly before Christmas. I had decided that this was it when he left and filed for the divorce. So I had decided to go out to dinner with a family friend who had been divorced for a couple of years. Any ways my almost ex decided that he wanted me back and sent me flowers for Christmas. When I saw the florist standing there with this huge boquet I about fell over. She had no idea that I was getting a divorce. She was happy as a lark and handed me the flowers. When I asked who they were from and she told me I shoved them back at her and refused to take them. She was a family friend as her husband worked for my dad . I told her to take them home anad enjoy them for the holidays.

I think the best gift I got would have to be that family friend I went out to dinner with. We have now been married 30 years and we have 21 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. As for material best gifts I would have to say the year I recieved my train and doll house. I had told my husband one time about always wanting a train but my parents said that trains were for little boys so I could not have one. I also had always wanted a big doll house but for some reason I never got one of those either. A few years after telling my husband about this on Christmas morning I unwrapped gifts and here was the train set I always wanted as a child. In another big box here was a huge 9 room victorian doll house kit which we built together. Just got to love that man.

Karan
    Wow, that is so sweet! I love those gifts. Very thoughtful and beautiful!

My best gift: I was in the hospital 2 years ago and I had a blue teddy bear with me that my boyfriend gave me on one of our first dates(first present he ever gave me.) Unfortunately I lost it there. He tried to get a replacement one for me at the store, but they did not sell them anymore. I sort of forgot about it, till he gave me the package one Christmas morning. He searched the internet and found a bear just like the one I lost. It was the best present ever!

Worst gift: An awful aubergine coloured purse. It was from someone who normally has good taste, but this was an exeption. Never used the thing.

love this tread it has been fun to read...

best: my mum made me a beauty hamper full of make up and beauty products.....it had all my favourites in... it was just so thought ful i loved it.

worst: a foot file... you know one of those things u get for getting hard skin off your feet funny thing is i get regular pedicures and really dont even use them...
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012