Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best & Worst Christmas gifts

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyChimpanZ View Post
    Best: six containers of parmesan cheese. I don't like cheese, except for this special kind, which is super hard to find. But my friend found it and bought me a ton. Most of it went bad, but it was still thoughtful.

Worst: I bought my sister to sacks of flour once. Actually I did it to hide the gift certificate at the bottom (tricking her into thinking I got her something big and heavy, not just a gift certificate), so overall it was a good gift, but the flour itself wasn't good.
    I really had to chuckle to myself at the flour hiding the gift card. Sounds just like something my husband would do. He came in one year with a big heavy box. Of course I am always snoopy with my gifts. I would pick it up and try to read through the wrapping paper. The box was just the size and weight of the dishes I wanted and also a stand mixer I ask for. Boy was I in for a shock when I opened it to find a couple of my throw rugs that were missing wrapped around one of his dumbell weights. Tucked to the edges were two cookie sheets. My dishes and mixer were hidden in the garage.
    Karan

:gift:

I think the worse Christmas gift I ever recieved had to have been in 1978. I was going through a divorce at the time. My husband had left for another woman. Well this was the third time this had happened and each year it was just shortly before Christmas. I had decided that this was it when he left and filed for the divorce. So I had decided to go out to dinner with a family friend who had been divorced for a couple of years. Any ways my almost ex decided that he wanted me back and sent me flowers for Christmas. When I saw the florist standing there with this huge boquet I about fell over. She had no idea that I was getting a divorce. She was happy as a lark and handed me the flowers. When I asked who they were from and she told me I shoved them back at her and refused to take them. She was a family friend as her husband worked for my dad . I told her to take them home anad enjoy them for the holidays.

I think the best gift I got would have to be that family friend I went out to dinner with. We have now been married 30 years and we have 21 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. As for material best gifts I would have to say the year I recieved my train and doll house. I had told my husband one time about always wanting a train but my parents said that trains were for little boys so I could not have one. I also had always wanted a big doll house but for some reason I never got one of those either. A few years after telling my husband about this on Christmas morning I unwrapped gifts and here was the train set I always wanted as a child. In another big box here was a huge 9 room victorian doll house kit which we built together. Just got to love that man.

Karan

worst: perfume that smells like a dead flower.

best: car

weeee..
    Christmas Costumes - http://www.shopcomparecostumes.com/categories/545/Christmas-Costumes.html

xmasfan Guest
    Best Present: A computer in 1997.
    Worst Present: A broom and dust pan last year.

Bideford Bay Holiday Park, Buck's Cross, Devon, EX39 5DU‎, UK
    Best present ever: A Xbox 360
    Worst present ever: A power supply for my 360 that did not work.

Melinda Guest

Talking Sweater

Well, I kind of had that probem as well. I got a cardigan from my father, who tought it would "match my eyes", euuu. It was a wrong size, not to mention a wrong colour. Once I've sent my father on his mail adress a link to an internet page. It was wisomi.com. Even thogh I had to register myself and do all that ranking for my prefered presents, still it payed off. At least now I can hope, this year would be different. :P:P:P

BEST: a GIANT toy army man set that was several hundred pieces. I think about that set all the time, played many, many hours with it. Wish I could find it today to buy.

WORST: perhaps this Christmas past I was given some of the most ugliest clothes possible ... style and colors I'd never wear. There were all returned.

Talking

Best present: Dickens Christmas Carol book (hard cover edition)
    Worst present: A pair of terrible wonen shoes... I thanked my granma and next week I changed them with a beautiful jacket...
    See what I mean, by saying terrible women shoes...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Best Present: Xbox 360. I know it may seem a bit superficial and not exactly a present with much thought put into it (i asked for it) but my parents were struggling and I told them not to worry about getting it and they got it anyway just so I would have a good christmas

Worst Present: Most things my Grandmother and Nan buy by themselves. I love them and they try really hard but they don't know me well and they buy things more suitable for somebody over 65 and I am...well, quite a bit younger than 65. Occasionally they buy me something nice and it's a lovely surprise but most of the time I have to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    WORST: perhaps this Christmas past I was given some of the most ugliest clothes possible ... style and colors I'd never wear. There were all returned.

Oh God, I know what you mean.. Did you also have to put them on, smiling and pretending you had never got such unique clothes?????
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)