Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decorating the Hallway

:santa: Decorating the Hallway

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some inspiration this year for ways to decorate my hallway. I live in a little, converted bungalow so the hallway is very, very narrow, with quite a low ceiling. I'd love to brighten it up this Christmas and make it a little more festive-looking but the lack of space makes it quite difficult! I tried stringing up tinsel around the picture rail but it just ended up looking tacky, like a cheap pub!

Any ideas?

Ouch, thats difficult. Do you have a picture of the hallway?

Quote Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some inspiration this year for ways to decorate my hallway. I live in a little, converted bungalow so the hallway is very, very narrow, with quite a low ceiling. I'd love to brighten it up this Christmas and make it a little more festive-looking but the lack of space makes it quite difficult! I tried stringing up tinsel around the picture rail but it just ended up looking tacky, like a cheap pub!

Any ideas?
    Could you frame and hang some reproduction Victorian cards? They have some at Victorian Trading Company:

http://www.victoriantradingco.com/catindex/C9-26.html

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

How do you feel about using lights indoors for places other than the Christmas tree? I think a strand of white lights going around the top of the hall would look nice and give a soft glow at night.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Decking the Hallway

I would put up some tiny lights up where the walls meet the ceiling. And then I would display all my fav Christmas cards or Christmas photos.

Martha

I like the idea of hanging christmas cards in the hallway with the white lights.

I would hang some snowflakes from the ceiling with fishing line.

If you tack up some of the pine garland around the ceiling/wall edge, fluff it out and then hang some pretty shiny Christmas balls from that at varying lengths. If you also add some white mini lights in the garland it will make the ornaments sparkle. I use a lot of that cheaper $1.99/2.50 9ft garland that you can get almost anywhere, fluff it out pretty and add ornaments, ribbon or pinecones depending on the look I want and it doesn't look so skimpy

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I like the idea of hanging christmas cards in the hallway with the white lights.

I have multicolor lights hanging in my hallway and last years christmas cards by the front door and this years on the other wall. so far only 4 from this year. I need to get my stamps to post mine!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post

I do this every year on my door that leads outside. I put the cards up in the shape of a Christmas tree. My Grandmother always did this.