Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2008

Quote Originally Posted by txsnowgirl View Post
    The majority of the decorations are outside. My husband loves National Lampoons Christmas vacation and tries each year to get closer and closer to it
    We have spiral trees, reigndeer, a sleigh, nets, icicles, white and multi colored, projector, lit balls in the trees and large plastic lawn bulbs. If there is more, I can't remember right now, lol
    Inside, my favorite part is the fireplace. We put garland with lights around the mantel and down the sides. This year, I'm going to try to do a small Christmas village on a table with some "snow"
    I love it! Please take pics of your DH's work this year and let us see!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    I bet that it will be gorgeous. I would love to invest in a village. I hear walmart has several great pieces. This year.

I have two crystal nativity scenes somewhere here but I can't find them this year. both we given to me.

I started a Christmas village for my Dad a few Christmases ago after buying the pieces 50% off at Kohl's end of Christmas sale.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:tree: Decorating

Hi, I'm new to the forum, have enjoyed looking at the Photos! I have decorated every room of my home for the past 6 years and thoroughly enjoy it. Have loads of pictures but don't know how to put them on. Need some help & instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, have enjoyed looking at the Photos! I have decorated every room of my home for the past 6 years and thoroughly enjoy it. Have loads of pictures but don't know how to put them on. Need some help & instructions.
    Hello and welcome to the forums! Here's some help with photo posting...

How to attach a photo to a post:
    • After you write your post, scroll down to the Additional Options box below.
    • Under Attach Files, click on Manage Attachments.
    • You can find a file by clicking on Browse beside Upload File from your Computer.
    • Find the correct photo file, then click Upload.
    • This will attach the photo to the post you have written.
    How to create a photo album:
    • Go to your User Control Panel by clicking on User CP on the top toolbar.
    • On the left side under Networking there is a Pictures & Albums link.
    • Click on the Pictures & Albums link.
    • On this screen you will see a link titled Add Album.
    • Create a title and description for your new album and click Submit.
    • The next screen will show your album's name and description and there will be a link that says Click here to upload pictures!
    • Click on that link and browse for photos on your computer. You can upload three photos at a time.
    • Once you have selected your photos, click on Upload Pictures.
    • After your pictures are uploaded you can give them captions and set one for the album cover.
    • Make sure you click Save Changes and your photos will be added to your album.
    Hope that helps! Let me know if you need more assistance.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    Anyone have any new decorations this year that you can't wait to put up/out? What do you decorate the most - indoors, outdoors or both? Tell us about your decorations for Christmas 2008 here!
    I have just bought something I didn't expect I could find : a half christmas tree. It's very useful if you want to save space and put it against a wall for example.
    Last edited by Noel; 11-16-2008 at 07:43 PM.

we decorate inside and outside and probably do overkill but we both love Christmas. Last year we put an extra 35amp outlet to help with the outdoor lighting. I decorate every room of the house - the joke around the family is 'if it stays still for 5 mins it gets decorated' nobody sits still very long when they visit

Thanks for the instructions! Will try to get some photos on as soon as possible. Appreciate your help much!

Or You Could Make Your Own Web Page

Take a look at www.drop.io/ilovechristmas.

It's a quick web page I made up as an example that was free and fairly simple to do. You can easily make your own and after you upload your pics you and your friends can view them using the cool slideshow effect. It accepts up to 100MB of picture files, and that's a lot. The instructions are there.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
    Thanks for the instructions! Will try to get some photos on as soon as possible. Appreciate your help much!
    Glad I could help! Look forward to seeing your photos...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jinglehal View Post
    Take a look at www.drop.io/ilovechristmas.

It's a quick web page I made up as an example that was free and fairly simple to do. You can easily make your own and after you upload your pics you and your friends can view them using the cool slideshow effect. It accepts up to 100MB of picture files, and that's a lot. The instructions are there.

Enjoy.
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com