Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2008

Quote Originally Posted by henryjamez View Post
    Sounds great Guys i am also Searching for Some Good ideas ...
    Are you looking for things to buy or things to make?

By the way "Henryjamez" my dad was James Henry.

I'm going for a country/rustic theme this year. Haven't bought a lot of NEW stuff ,as I've found a lot at flea market's and yard sale's. What I have bought NEW I've got for 40 - 50 % off at Hobby Lobby.

Forgot to add that we basically put up light's around the edge of the house and around the front window's and the door. Also put up a nativity.
    Last edited by Ms_Speedy_Elf; 10-18-2008 at 01:19 PM.

we sometimes put up outside lights but not too many we are in a trailor park and nobady really decorates outside so we don't either. I wouldn't mind putting out luminaries on Christmas eve though! I will have to look for some. And they make little tealight candles that run by batteries now too!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    we sometimes put up outside lights but not too many we are in a trailor park and nobady really decorates outside so we don't either. I wouldn't mind putting out luminaries on Christmas eve though! I will have to look for some. And they make little tealight candles that run by batteries now too!

The battery operated tea lights are great!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

yes and you can get them at the dollar tree too! and dollar general at this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    yes and you can get them at the dollar tree too! and dollar general at this time of year!
    Nice; I may have to go by and get some this year...They're always good to have around.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Hello everyone, my wife and I have a list of 10 stores that we go to every year as soon as they put their decorations on the shelves. We usually set a budget ( which never works) for what we are going to spend. My wife looks for unique red, green, and blue ornaments for her 3 theme trees. I look for white/transparent/crystal looking etc, purple, and small red ornaments for my 3 trees. We also both look for other Christmas related items.

So far it has been absolutely crazy for ornaments for my wife's 3 trees and my crystal tree. I have only been able to find 3 purple ornaments and not a single red ornament for my other 2 trees.

The final 2 stores on our shopping list just put out all their decorations this past weekend. My wife and I both took deep breaths before entering the 2 stores...... My wife only found about 5 ornaments she liked but I found 16. The last store we arrived at had us feeling warm and fuzzy but with splitting headaches as there were countless items that we both liked
    Last edited by Crazymike1965; 10-28-2008 at 12:44 PM.

:tree: Christmas 2008

I am glad you both found some interesting ornaments. I would like to see your finished trees I bet they will be beautiful. THere is so much out the it is hard to choose exactly what to buy anymore. My niece does her tree in purple and gold. IT is really pretty!

Hello Everyone!!

My husband and I just got married in August this year so I have my very first house to decorate for christmas!!! I am so excited about it! We are in a log cabin so there is a large living room with high ceilings and I am so excited about having a large christmas tree this year! That will be my favorite part about decorating this year! Also I have a nice banister to put lights and garland on and that is very exciting for me! Now I just have to convince him that it's okay to decorate the day after Thanksgiving!

He will come home from work and I will have most of it done anyways!

Joy to the World!

congrats on being a newlywed. I am excited for you. I am wanting to put garland around my front porch and maybe a couple big red bows. but we will see how the finances are after thanksgiving.