Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2008

Congratulations to you Silent Night

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNight View Post
    Hello Everyone!!

My husband and I just got married in August this year so I have my very first house to decorate for christmas!!! I am so excited about it! We are in a log cabin so there is a large living room with high ceilings and I am so excited about having a large christmas tree this year! That will be my favorite part about decorating this year! Also I have a nice banister to put lights and garland on and that is very exciting for me! Now I just have to convince him that it's okay to decorate the day after Thanksgiving!

He will come home from work and I will have most of it done anyways!

Joy to the World!
    That's wonderful! Congrats to you and your DH! I can only imagine your log cabin and how beautiful it will look for Christmas. Please posts photos of your tree and decorations if you can.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Congrats. Silent Night to you and your new hubby.

What fun you will have decorating your log cabin for Christmas. A huge tree will look awesome.
    Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Congrat SilentNight!! How exciting for you. I would love to be in a log cabin for Christmas, lucky girl!!

The majority of the decorations are outside. My husband loves National Lampoons Christmas vacation and tries each year to get closer and closer to it
    We have spiral trees, reigndeer, a sleigh, nets, icicles, white and multi colored, projector, lit balls in the trees and large plastic lawn bulbs. If there is more, I can't remember right now, lol
    Inside, my favorite part is the fireplace. We put garland with lights around the mantel and down the sides. This year, I'm going to try to do a small Christmas village on a table with some "snow"
    Last edited by txsnowgirl; 10-31-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Wink

I bet that it will be gorgeous. I would love to invest in a village. I hear walmart has several great pieces. This year.

I have two crystal nativity scenes somewhere here but I can't find them this year. both we given to me.

i'd love to have a massive big xmas tree in my living room, but this is our second year in our flat. However, we've got a bigger suite this year, meaning less room for the chrimbo tree

Can't wait to get it up - cannae whack chrmibo!

Pine Garland and Classic Cutouts are My Favs

I look forward to seeing our dining room stairway lined with pine garland that my wife does every year. My favorite decorations are the classic Beistles on our front door and in our windows. If you're not sure what I mean, look at my web site. What's old is new again!
    Merry pre-Happy Thanksgiving Christmas!

thanks for sharing. I am looking for older games like Ants in the Pants, DOn't Spill the Beans and DOn't break the Ice for my greats!

We do more decorating inside! My hubby doesn't like to climb up the ladder in the snow. I try to but I am not the most graceful person around, there are certain tools that I am not allowed to use, some of these includes, ladders, chainsaws, you get the idea! I love to put up the tree, we add new ornaments each year for our son. That way when he grows up and flees the nest he will have decorations with memories attached.

That tradition is catching on with everyone. It really is something nice to do for your children.