Thread: White Chocolate Snowballs

Thumbs up White Chocolate Snowballs

I just saw this recipe on FamilyFun.com and had to share it...I think I may have to make these this year. :D

A delicious blend of salty and sweet makes these white chocolate peanut butter balls taste as good as they look.

Makes about 4 dozen snowballs.

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
    1 1/2 cups peanut butter
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
    1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' sugar
    2 cups white chocolate chips
    1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
    1/2 cup shelled, unsalted peanuts

1. Line 1 large baking sheet with aluminum foil and another with waxed paper; set both aside. Using an electric mixer (or a wooden spoon), beat together the peanut butter and butter in a large bowl until blended and smooth. Add the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time; blend until smooth.

2. Press the mixture into 1-inch balls. (The dough will be dry, so it may be easier to form with damp hands.) Place the balls on the foil-lined sheet. Let stand until firm, about 30 minutes.

3. Melt the white chocolate chips and shortening in a heatproof bowl set atop a pot of simmering water over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat. Using a toothpick for a handle, pierce each ball, then dip it into the melted chocolate. Spoon chocolate over the balls to coat them, if needed. Set them on the waxed-paper-lined sheet and top each with a peanut half. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

dwella Guest
    This recipe goes with Cookie Base, 1 7-ounce bag of sweetened flaked coconut, 12 ounces white chocolate (chopped or chips), make the cookie base recipe. Form the dough into teaspoon-size balls. Spread the coconut on a plate. Roll each ball in the coconut, pressing so it adheres. Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks.
    Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl placed over, but not touching, simmering water, melt the white chocolate. Turn half the cookies upside down and spread the flat sides with the white chocolate. Sandwich them with the remaining cookies.
    -------------------------
    Dwella

Faces

I tried the recipe, and to spice it up I melted dark chocolate and decorated the snowballs so it looked like faces Just an idea. The kids loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyGames View Post
    I tried the recipe, and to spice it up I melted dark chocolate and decorated the snowballs so it looked like faces Just an idea. The kids loved it.
    I love dark chocolate; great idea!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Thanks for the recipe! I am looking for some new ideas for this year

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladyice View Post
    Thanks for the recipe! I am looking for some new ideas for this year
    Sure thing! Let me know if you try it out and enjoy it.
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    I love dark chocolate; great idea!
    YEah it is I Also Love Dark Chocolate

Dark Chocolate is great but during the Christmas season I kind of switch to milk chocolate, don't know why.

This recipe sounds soo good ty!
    Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. Merry Christmas from my home to yours.
    Theresa, Ron & Nolan & Misty the cat