Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to get in the spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I have 3 sisters and we felt like a crowd even before we started adding to us. I love big families.
    I have 3 sisters too and one little bro. Having a large family is great, I hope they can all add a bunch of little ones so we can get even bigger

Mistletoe, how big has your family grown?

Well to be honest i Ooze Christmas spirit all year long. The reason i say that i am always humming, whistling, singing Christmas songs. I always watch my DVDs some bootleg some ligiment store bought of shows cartoons or movies. I spend at least once a week on ebay using keywords Christmas set it to ending soonest and set the number per page at 200. The last thing i go is i have on my TIVO one of the main searches that saves is holiday so i don't miss anything holiday released and one dedicates as Christmas. You would be susprised how many Christmas shows play all year long.

:gingerbread:

Its true that when the weather changes, you can really feel that holidays are coming...
    In Greece, weather gets cold at the end of November or at the beginning of December...
    I remember that every 1st November I begin to decorate, outside is still autumn..
    However, I do not mind, because Im really used to it..

I think that there is nothing that gets me into the Christmas spirit, because Im always into it..
    I always listen to Christmas music, watching Christmas movies, having thoughts about Christmas decorations,
    talking about holiday travels, anything that has to do with Christmas....

Everything starts about october here, mainly places like garden centres
    start getting there displays up.Thats when we start looking for new
    decorations.
    The weather usually starts getting cold in end of september,begin october.
    I try and resist putting up the tree

:gift:

First week of Sept. when I get my Christmas Wish Book, I will be in the Christmas Spirit big-time. I actually have 4 Birthday's to get through before Christmas. Come September, it gets pretty costly around here.

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    I have 3 sisters too and one little bro. Having a large family is great, I hope they can all add a bunch of little ones so we can get even bigger

Mistletoe, how big has your family grown?
    Not too much. I've got one brother-in-law, one soon-to-be-brother-in law, a nephew and a niece and I know more are on the way. But we do so much all together we're like a crowd wherever we go.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ikey2 View Post
    i am always humming, whistling, singing Christmas songs.
    Me, too!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

:tree:

I do not do a thing to get into Christmas spirit!!
    We always go together!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

My biggest one is watching A Charlie Brown Christmas or listening to the soundtrack. It's sweet simplicity always gets me in the mood. Sometimes the quiet moments, with all the noise off and a fire going with a dimly lit Christmas tree is all I need too!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jakkijelene View Post
    My biggest one is watching A Charlie Brown Christmas or listening to the soundtrack. It's sweet simplicity always gets me in the mood. Sometimes the quiet moments, with all the noise off and a fire going with a dimly lit Christmas tree is all I need too!
    Youre my best friend!! Lovely movie and so is soundtrack...
    Vince Guaraldi has composed great music...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)