Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do to get in the spirit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I wish Thanksgiving were warmer (we're in the 30's or 40's at that point, I believe). Actually, I wish our Thanksgiving was at the same time as Canada's- in October. I would love to eat outside at a long table with the leaves changing colors around me. Like it probably was at the first Thanksgiving.
    Thats funny because for my ideal Thanksgiving I am sitting inside a huge home with a fire roaring and snow falling outside (it may be too early for snow in Nov, but I can dream!) and my family sitting around a large table laughing and passing around the food. We usually sit outside in the heat because our family is so freakin' huge :-)
    Last edited by MacShirts; 08-08-2009 at 01:45 AM.

It doesn't take much to get me into the Christmas spirit. When the holidays get closer I get excited. Of course the weather changing does help but last year it was warm one day and the next it was freezing cold! I hope this year it doesn't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by gummgirl View Post
    it was warm one day and the next it was freezing cold! I hope this year it doesn't happen again.
    How cold does it get in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    Thats funny because for my ideal Thanksgiving I am sitting inside a huge home with a fire roaring and snow falling outside (it may be too early for snow in Nov, but I can dream!) and my family sitting around a large table laughing and passing around the food. We usually sit outside in the heat because our family is so freakin' huge :-)
    Do the leaves change color where you are?

I like the picture you paint, but that sounds like my ideal Christmas dinner!

Do you have siblings? If so, how many?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

MacShirts It varies last year it was in the 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Do the leaves change color where you are?

I like the picture you paint, but that sounds like my ideal Christmas dinner!

Do you have siblings? If so, how many?
    No, but then again we dont have alot of trees where I live. Im sure those who live north of the valley (Payson, Flagstaff, Williams) in the more mountainous regions see their beautiful trees change. Ive always wanted to take a trip up there and see that, but we mostly go for the snow I have 4 siblings, and most of them (the girls ) are starting their own families

MacShirts It varies last year it was in the 20's.
    Wow I never would have guessed Texas gets that cold!

At least where I live it does!

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    I have 4 siblings, and most of them (the girls ) are starting their own families
    I have 3 sisters and we felt like a crowd even before we started adding to us. I love big families.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

At least where I live it does!
    Thats awesome, what part of Texas?