Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do to get in the spirit?

Welcome to little donkey

That is great you are going to Rothenburg, I went there last year when I visited my daughter who has a husband at that time stationed in Schweinfurt. They are in Fort Campbell this year and she said she certainly misses the christmas season there and hot gluwein. I got to visit Rothenburg and the Kathy wolfart store and it was BEAUTIFUL, I want to go back, take some christmas pictures and share.

Bee

To get into the Christmas mood I always google how to decorate your house for christmas and google images, it always puts me in the mood. But one tradition I always do now is go on Thomas Kinkade's website and look at his artwork, he portrays Christmas so well in his paintings!

Then I go onto the usual stuff, watching Christmas specials of my favourite tv shows and all that.

I love Thomas Kincade! I usually get his wall calendars every year! I hope someone gets me one this year!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Yay! Yeah, he's fantastic. There not sold hugely here, but I found one last year and got it for my mum! Time to take it down though =/ She wants a new calendar, so I hope there's another TK one!

Usually Christmas music is the way to go (for me, that is). Then a classic Christmas special, show, or even cartoon added in ramps up the spirit.

About a week before Christmas we like to ride around and check out the decorated houses.

A couple of drinks and sme party tunes always works for me, with the christmas lights on my tree!

wrapping gifts

Listen to Christmas music.

Denise Wilson
    Charming Gift Store
    http://www.charminggiftstore.com
    Great Gift Baskets For Every Occasion!

I love listening christmas music too

I don't have to do anything to get into the spirit, it just comes on me (usually in July-something about the warm weather does it to me). But once I'm in the mood I usually start planning things that I'd like to do that year. I try really hard not to rush the holidays these days, because I'm trying to fully appreciate each season and holiday (and I get yelled at for playing Christmas music too early- you should hear them go on about me playing it in August ) In the fall I like to see the stores decorated and playing Christmas music (even though I don't particularly like shopping). And lately, going to Christmas shows and plays gets me more in the mood.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.