Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do to get in the spirit?

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by A.Edwards View Post
    I think the main thing for me is listening to the music. I dunno what it is, but there is just something about Christmas music that other music just doesnt have. Waking up on a cold December morning, lighting up the fire and listening to the festive music - nothing beats it!

I also have quite a fetish with taking photographs around the Holiday season. It's a time when family's are together and can enjoy themselves, especially since the majority of my family are moving up in age. In years to come, I know I'll always be able to look back at the photographs and remember all the good times.
    I agree that there's something that Christmas music has that other music doesn't have (even if it's just my associations). I'm not really a fan of the regular Christian music I've heard, usually it's too slow or something for me. But, I love Christmas music!

(and lighting a fire in the morning sounds fabulous to me!)
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I've realised now that I don't really need anything to get into the festive spirit, I just seem to do it naturally

What I love doing though is just watching all Christmas episodes of my favourite shows. I think we'll have to start the Christmas fund soon too; that'll make it even more festive I also love ordering all my new release DVDs online and then just enjoy them being sent each week.

I want to add Fred Clause to my collection this year and white christmas on dvd.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

When it gets cool! It's currently 103 degrees here in Az (at 9:40 pm!) and when the temperature dips into the 70's at night, its offically the holiday season

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    When it gets cool! It's currently 103 degrees here in Az (at 9:40 pm!) and when the temperature dips into the 70's at night, its offically the holiday season
    whoa! at night?! God help the people who don't have air conditioning!

Olga, is it like that where you are, too?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    whoa! at night?! God help the people who don't have air conditioning!
    Yes :( it feels like walking into oven when I go to my car for work in the morning

Wow, what would your typical Christmas Day be like?

I love both of those movies. I love to listen to Christmas music, shop, wrap gifts and decorate of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Christmasplease View Post
    Wow, what would your typical Christmas Day be like?
    Its actually pretty cold, well to us anyway :D I remember last Christmas morning it was in the 50's. But its funny because for thanksgiving it was in the 90's...our weather is weird here

Quote Originally Posted by MacShirts View Post
    Its actually pretty cold, well to us anyway :D I remember last Christmas morning it was in the 50's. But its funny because for thanksgiving it was in the 90's...our weather is weird here
    I wish Thanksgiving were warmer (we're in the 30's or 40's at that point, I believe). Actually, I wish our Thanksgiving was at the same time as Canada's- in October. I would love to eat outside at a long table with the leaves changing colors around me. Like it probably was at the first Thanksgiving.