Thread: Around Town

Around Town

What are some things in your town during the holidays that you really love?

I live in a small town and we always have snowflakes, reindeer and silver bells hanging up on our light poles and shining bright when the sun goes down

well I also live in small place is not even a town we have snowflakes, Christmas trees, bells and other different ornaments hanging up on light poles shining golden but in bigger city near my it shines in green and red we also have some lights around the trees
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

My town has a Village Christmas tree that the local children decorate with homemade ornaments. For the young children, the village sponsors "Breakfast with Santa". The kids get breakfast, a visit with Santa, an ornament and some candy. The local fire department sponsors a "Santa Train" which makes stops all over the village and delivers goody bags filled with small toys and candy. In early December that village holds it's Caroling and Tree Lighting program. Anyone who wants to, can take part in this activity. We start at the Catholic Church and light the tree and the nativity. We then stop and light the trees at the park, the library, the village hall, and end with refreshments at the Methodist Church - caroling all the way! This was all so much fun - especially when the children were small!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    My town has a Village Christmas tree that the local children decorate with homemade ornaments. For the young children, the village sponsors "Breakfast with Santa". The kids get breakfast, a visit with Santa, an ornament and some candy. The local fire department sponsors a "Santa Train" which makes stops all over the village and delivers goody bags filled with small toys and candy. In early December that village holds it's Caroling and Tree Lighting program. Anyone who wants to, can take part in this activity. We start at the Catholic Church and light the tree and the nativity. We then stop and light the trees at the park, the library, the village hall, and end with refreshments at the Methodist Church - caroling all the way! This was all so much fun - especially when the children were small!
    Ornamentmaven, thats what I call Christmas..

Well, I find it really Christmasssy, really exciting for all the family..
    I like the fact that includes everything, for everyone, for every taste..
    Im really tired with cities that do nothing except decorate the town shops, so as to get people to buy things during Christmas Season.
    Ive really missed such things you describe, to be honest, Ive never had such thing in my town, so sad.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I agree Olga. I live in a small town - only about 3000 people. The small towns seem to do a better job with these types of Christmas activities. The best part about living in my village is that you get the small town feeling, while living only 20 miles from NYC!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 08-14-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Oh I wish i could visit there! That sounds amazing!!