Thread: halloween costmes

:snow: halloween costmes

What's an cute costume that i can get a 1 year old lil girl..I've seen some and there not very childish if you know what i mean

Don't buy - make something from items/clothing you have at home. This way you can customize it to your liking. My daughter was a Clown (using colorful old clothes and makeup), Miss America (using her older sister's tutu - I bought a crown and made a sash), a cowgirl (using a small flannel shirt, a jeans skirt, and snow boots - covered with tan felt and fringed). I usually made clothing that would keep them warm in the cool autumn air! It's alot of fun! If she needs to ride in a stroller, then incorporate the stroller into the costume. When she was a baby, she went as a bride. We decorated the stroller with streamers and "Just Married" signs.

My kids always won prizes in the local Halloween parade as well. Store bought costumes NEVER win. One year my older daughter was a "Snow Storm". Another year my younger daughter was a Treasure Chest. She won first place the year she went as a Christmas Stocking!

Just let your imagination run wild!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas