Thread: Awkward Christmas stories?

Awkward Christmas stories?

I'll start: I had just started dating a girl and she hadn't met my family yet. My parents thought it would be fun to invite her to our family Christmas. She lived in Wyoming and I was in Colorado Springs, so it didn't make sense for me to pick her up and go together; we decided to just meet there.

Of course, I'd been planning to get there before her so she wouldn't have to meet my family all by herself, but there was a huge traffic jam on the way there and she ended up having to spend an hour with her new boyfriend's family, all strangers. My family of course was nice to her but I felt terrible!

Anyone else want to chime in?

I don't know if you would call it awkward, but a bummer none the less:

Last year, my family and I went to a Christmas concert. We parked downtown, not too far from the theater. The concert was awesome! We came out with such a Christmas high, only to find our vehicle was broken into and my pocket stolen. Somebody tried to have a happy holiday with my credit cards....bah humbug!

A few years ago, my niece was about 2 I think, and my boyfriend at the time was spending Christmas Day with my family and while we were opening presents, I asked my niece to go hand my boyfriend his present and she didn't want to. I asked why, and she said, "Because he looks scary. If I leave my presents, he's steal them" I finally talked her into it, and she got about half way to him before just throwing the box (it was a small box... no bigger than a bracelet box) and running back to her presents yelling that "Bur is gonna steal my stuff!" She couldn't quite get the name "Albert" down and spend the entire night guarding her stuff until he left. Needless to say the whole night was awkward because if he even went into the same room as her stuff, she would start screaming.

"It isn't the holly, it isn't the snow. It isn't the tree, not the firelight's glow. It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men then the Christmas spirit returns again." - Unknown