Thread: When did your parents stop taking you to see Santa?

When did your parents stop taking you to see Santa?

How old were you the last time your parents ever took you to see Santa at the shopping mall? I know mine stopped taking me when I was in elementary school, but I can't remember for sure what grade I was in.

Also, if you have children, do you take them to see Santa? If so, at what age will you stop taking them? My daughter will turn 2 this fall. She slept in Santa's arms at the mall in 2009, and she cried last year. We'll give it another try this year.

What precious memories you are having, Chazz!

I can't remember ever going to see Santa as a child. Nor was I taught to believe in him. My single, working mom was not a Christmas fan.
    Joy to You!

My sister and I believed until we each turned seven. I was the older one and it killed me to have to fake it for her for a couple years. Because of this I went to visit Santa probably until I was 9! LOL - no malls near me when I was a kid, just shopping centers and "Main Street".
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I'm not sure, but I was probably around 10 or so. Santa stopped coming to my house around then.

I still love him, though!

this is not really tradition here, my mum told me that when I was about one year old she and dad took me to see Santa but this is not possible now, because as far as I know Santa is not coming to the mallI have to say that I actually believed in Santa untill I was around 12 years old.I remember that somehow I haven't cried because my mum never told me that Santa doesn't exist. I knew that he's not bringing me presents but my mum said that Santa live untill we believe in him. That's why I still believe
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

well i am the oldest of 3 and my youngest sister is 4 years younger.

i remember i must have been about 10 and i didnt believe in father christmas anymore but she did and i have to go with my mum to take her to see him.....i just remember thinking at least i might get a good toy!!
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012