Thread: Christmas favorite..!

Christmas favorite..!

Here is one that I make every year for Christmas..enjoy.

Christmas Holly Wreath.

Melt 1 stuck of butter, add a bag of large Marshmallows, when melted add a couple spoons of Green food coloring (till you get the darkness you want). Stir in 4 -5 cups of corn flakes or frosted flakes. Put it in a butter-greased bundt-cake pan and pack it tight. Immediately turn it out onto a serving dish and decorate it with cinnamon red-hots and little silver candy balls. Work quick so they will stick to the mallow. After it sets, its ready. Makes a cool centerpiece if you are having a dinner. To serve just slice it. Tastes a lot like rice krispie treats.

Sometimes I don't use a bundt pan. I just quickly spoon out wads of it onto waxed paper and decorate them. Then they are in single serving size. I call these Mistletoe. Kids really like them and they look really pretty on a plate of mixed Christmas cookies because they are such a bright green.

You can also shape them into little wreaths ( again on waxed paper), these come out a little larger. I like to do this when I am prepareing a plate of mixed cookies to give as a gift. Makes a great topper.

My favorite because its so quick and easy to make and they look so different from the usual sweets, plus EVERYBODY seems to like the mallow treat taste. Kids get a kick out of getting a green tongue!

coconut eggnog recipe

i got this recipe from eggnogrecipe.net last year and its just delicious but i found using malibu instead of dark rum works much better. will be an instant hit at parties.

Coconut Eggnog Ingredients
    8 egg yolks
    4 cups coconut milk or cream
    8 tablespoons dark rum
    6 tablespoons white sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla essence
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground

Coconut Eggnog Directions
    Into a large saucepan, pour the coconut milk/ cream and add the white sugar.
    Heat BUT DO NOT BOIL over a medium heat.
    In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the vanilla essence.
    Into the bowl, pour approximately half the coconut milk & sugar mixture.
    Whisk briskly.
    Add the remainder of the coconut milk & sugar mixture.
    Pour the combined mixture back into your large saucepan.
    Wash out the large bowl because you'll need it again in a few minutes.
    Cook over a low heat BUT DO NOT BOIL, ensuring that you continuously stir.
    Continue stirring until the eggnog thickens slightly - enough to be able to coat the back of a spoon.
    Pour & strain the eggnog back into the (washed, rinsed & dried) large bowl.
    Allow the eggnog to sit and cool until it becomes room temperature.
    Stir in the dark rum.
    Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
    Just prior to serving, combine the ground nutmeg & ground cinnamon on a small dish, and sprinkle a little of the mixture on top of each served glassful of your delicious coconut eggnog!

Serves: 6.

christmas-goth-fairy:
    Your recipe sounds tasty !! I'll do it soon and share my experience with :d

Quote Originally Posted by brunso View Post

Christmas Holly Wreath.

Melt 1 stuck of butter, add a bag of large Marshmallows, when melted add a couple spoons of Green food coloring (till you get the darkness you want). Stir in 4 -5 cups of corn flakes or frosted flakes. Put it in a butter-greased bundt-cake pan and pack it tight. Immediately turn it out onto a serving dish and decorate it with cinnamon red-hots and little silver candy balls. Work quick so they will stick to the mallow. After it sets, its ready. Makes a cool centerpiece if you are having a dinner. To serve just slice it. Tastes a lot like rice krispie treats.

Sometimes I don't use a bundt pan. I just quickly spoon out wads of it onto waxed paper and decorate them. Then they are in single serving size. I call these Mistletoe. Kids really like them and they look really pretty on a plate of mixed Christmas cookies because they are such a bright green.

You can also shape them into little wreaths ( again on waxed paper), these come out a little larger. I like to do this when I am prepareing a plate of mixed cookies to give as a gift. Makes a great topper.

My favorite because its so quick and easy to make and they look so different from the usual sweets, plus EVERYBODY seems to like the mallow treat taste. Kids get a kick out of getting a green tongue!
    This sounds very cool! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

Re: Christmas favorite..!

i am going to try out that recipe which is given as the first post in this thread but still my favourite food for christmas is cake.
    -----------
    ragavendra

Quote Originally Posted by [Christmas-goth-fairy View Post
    i got this recipe from eggnogrecipe.net last year and its just delicious but i found using malibu instead of dark rum works much better. will be an instant hit at parties.

Coconut Eggnog Ingredients
    8 egg yolks
    4 cups coconut milk or cream
    8 tablespoons dark rum
    6 tablespoons white sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla essence
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
    ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ground

Coconut Eggnog Directions
    Into a large saucepan, pour the coconut milk/ cream and add the white sugar.
    Heat BUT DO NOT BOIL over a medium heat.
    In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the vanilla essence.
    Into the bowl, pour approximately half the coconut milk & sugar mixture.
    Whisk briskly.
    Add the remainder of the coconut milk & sugar mixture.
    Pour the combined mixture back into your large saucepan.
    Wash out the large bowl because you'll need it again in a few minutes.
    Cook over a low heat BUT DO NOT BOIL, ensuring that you continuously stir.
    Continue stirring until the eggnog thickens slightly - enough to be able to coat the back of a spoon.
    Pour & strain the eggnog back into the (washed, rinsed & dried) large bowl.
    Allow the eggnog to sit and cool until it becomes room temperature.
    Stir in the dark rum.
    Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
    Just prior to serving, combine the ground nutmeg & ground cinnamon on a small dish, and sprinkle a little of the mixture on top of each served glassful of your delicious coconut eggnog!

Serves: 6.

Thank you so much Goth-fairy
    Last edited by henryjamez; 10-18-2008 at 05:14 AM.

This recipe looks delicious!!!!

DebbieFrost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brunso View Post

Christmas Holly Wreath.

This sounds wonderful! I plan on making this and doing with my grandchildren, thank you so much

A drink I like around the holidays is eggnog and cinnamon schoppes.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!