Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you spend Christmas Eve?

I was wondering if anyone's family ever dances on Christmas Eve or Day. I was just reading about them doing it in 'merry olde England' and it sounds so festive...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    This is the first year in memory that I won't have guests and a big buffet on Christmas Eve! Sad!
    Are you going to have your buffet Christmas Eve this year?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Yes - last year my sister-in-law wanted to have it, so I let her do something for a change!!!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. It consists of me, my wife and my son eating shrimp gumbo, listening to great Christmas music and going for a drive to look at the Christmas lights around town. Right before we all turn in for the night, my son and I watch the first Futurama Christmas special. After my son goes to bed, my wife and I usually put out the presents (even though our son is almost 17, it's tradition) and then we relax in bed while watching either the Nutcracker or Christmas Eve Mass at the Vatican.
    It's just a fun, quiet evening for the three of us.

Quote Originally Posted by E.S. View Post
    Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. It consists of me, my wife and my son eating shrimp gumbo, listening to great Christmas music and going for a drive to look at the Christmas lights around town. Right before we all turn in for the night, my son and I watch the first Futurama Christmas special. After my son goes to bed, my wife and I usually put out the presents (even though our son is almost 17, it's tradition) and then we relax in bed while watching either the Nutcracker or Christmas Eve Mass at the Vatican.
    That sounds like a wonderful tradition! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum!!!!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

That sounds really nice.

That sounds really special. Thanks for sharing!

We have been spending it with my only sister for at least the past few years. We listen to some Christmas music, enjoy some homemade cookies and goodies, sometimes watch A Christmas Carol with George C Scott, but more often not, but we always sing Christmas carols together. My BIL can harmonize with anything. After everyone is in bed (which can be very late, since everyone is at least 18,) my sister and I fill stockings. And, of course, we sit and talk and stare at the tree, lol. Sometimes we play a game, like maybe charades or balderdash

Christmas time is associated with family and friends. I love to decorate Christmas tree, Christmas music and Christmas treats. There are many other things:
    * Send Christmas cards and gifts to loved ones.
    * Plan an outing that you can go to, and that is open on Christmas day.
    * Go for a movie.
    Christmas time is the perfect time to celebrate with us. Enter the best clubs in London and celebrate the perfect Christmas party with family and friends.

Christmas Eve spend the whole day with mum cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later, we all sit together and enjoy our dinner, while all talking so much loud that we can not understand each other!!!!! hahaaha!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)