Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you spend Christmas Eve?

Going to mass and then eating cookies

In my family, Christmas Eve is all about relaxation. Spend it just chilling out, and we usually have a Chinese takeaway. Followed by some mince pies, watching Christmas TV. Love it!

frostythesnowman Guest
    hummmm!....well christmas eve we used to be stuck in the kitchen preparing christmas dinner for 18 guests.....but now that we have the twins its all change....probably chill out get the kids presents ready for christmas morning and have a few glasses of red wine with my wife........

Chillin' during the day, probably put the presents under the tree if it hasn't already been done, and then church.

With my familly !

This is the first year in memory that I won't have guests and a big buffet on Christmas Eve! Sad!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    This is the first year in memory that I won't have guests and a big buffet on Christmas Eve! Sad!
    I so understand that OM. I went through that a few years ago when we moved to Australia ....

Prior to that, Christmas Eve gathering at our house had become a tradition over many years and it took a bit of getting used to the fact that that era was gone and no more .... but circumstances change !!

The past few Christmas Eves I've spent it watching the Carols by Candle Light program on TV and wrapping last minute presents

We go to church on Christmas eve with the kids so we can relax on Christmas day

drinking eggnog

Here in Sweden we celebrate Christmas on 24.th. usually we go up quite early to go visiting the cemeteries where our parents are, we light candles and put hyacinths on the graves. In the afternoon, we start by watching Donald Duck and his friends wish Merry Christmas. A program that includes clips from several of Disney favorites, and anything from a new film from the past year. After that, we sit down to eat Christmas dinner, in the evening, then Santa Claus will visit with presents. The evening then go in peacefulness signs we hang out and have it cozy. On Christmas Day, then it's just peace and quiet maybe a long walk if the weather allows.
    Christmas beliver with a passion for christmas-lights

See you at, http://falksonchristmas.cybersite.nu/