Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you spend Christmas Eve?

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    interesting. I should look up a recipe.
    There is one on the recipe forum. You can also get a prefab one from Trader Joe's (I don't know if they have those in Minnesota)I also think I saw it at World Market.
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 11-25-2014 at 05:26 AM.

We have a Christmas buffet with a few drinks normally on Christmas Eve. Then we get in the mood for the big day by watching some films.

Just stay at home with a lovely warm fire

My mum has asked us to go round hers on Christmas Eve this year. It's not something we usually do, but should be nice

For many, many years it became a bit of a tradition for us to have a crowd at our house on Christmas Eve. Was always a lot of fun and set the mood for the next day.

However since we moved here, I've spent the last few years simply wrapping presents whilst enjoying the Christmas Carols presentation on TV

Well usually it would be me running around getting presents and panicking then when i finally get home persuading Hubby to wrap the presents (not his). After that is done open a bottle of cherry brandy and get a little bit tipsy. However last year i discovered NORAD website so i was watching NORAD, playing World of Warcraft and getting VERY tipsy. This year im going to be heavily pregnant so its going to be NORAD, Warcraft and hot chocolate!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Congratulations on your new addition Mazzy!

The plan this year is going to be the same as every other year that I can remember. I'll wake up, go spend time with my brother where we'll go to the mall because one of us has forgotten a gift for somebody and we need to take care of that. The afternoon is usually spent with NORAD open on the laptop while gifts are being wrapped, tunes playing in the background. In the evening, I make my once a year trip to church, as a favour to my grandparents who always request that I play a few songs on my guitar for the congregation. Afterwards I head to my grandmothers where my dads side of the family gathers and we have a few drinks and share some laughs before parting ways and heading to bed, knowing that the big day is just hours away

Me and hubby live with our inlaws so we usually dont have to do much as my MIL loves to cook and hates anyone helping her so we only have to decorate and wrap presents which we get done early.
    I work 5 mins from home so usually I will work on christmas eve and hubby will be home. Our work does a BBQ and we will stop around lunch and just eat and enjoy ourselves an sit around and chat whilst slowly doing work and having a couple of beers. Hubby will stay at home and usually play video games or help tidy up a bit around the house.

I usually finish up at around 3-4. I will go home and usually sit around with Hubby and watch a bunch of tv show christmas specials. wait until it gets dark then sit out in the street with all the neighbours watching christmas lights and have cheese crackers nibblies and drinks. everyone in the street does little tealights in papperbags. So the street usually has a christmas eve party. They will laugh and drink till just before midnight then they all go quiet and then scream "Merry Christmas". Then we all stumble home tipsy and go to sleep.

I usually get up around 4-5 and pull out hubby's presents and fill his stocking. Then go back to bed until around 6:30
    Last edited by storm85; 10-22-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Once we wake up on christmas eve, we usually have a bacon sandwich and a coffee with cream. A little tradition but it starts the day off well..

We would usually watch a christmas movie or programme earlier on in the morning, santa claus the movie or home alone or such of the like. We would then arrange to meet family and friends and do any last minute preparations foodwise or gifts. At about 15:00 hours, we visit the cemetary to and lay flowers down for my auntie. This brings the family together for the festive period, which im sure shed of loved. We all go seperate ways until about 18:00 were we eat out as a family at a pub/restaurant we use every year. The food is great and it has a real homely and festive feel to the place.

We usually stay at the pub until about 20:00 and then younger generation would get excited about Santas visit checking Norad Santa to check on his location. We would then go back home and watch the nights tele and prepare for xmas dinner and santas visit.

First post, hello all. Hope youre all looking forward to christmas as much as myself this year.