Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How do you spend Christmas Eve?

Spent Christmas Eve cooking with my daughter ...and waiting in line at the seafood store! Family and friends came over at 6:30. Had a great time. It's now 9am on Christmas Day and I'm the only one up! It's actually nice to have some quiet time!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Later, we all sit together and enjoy our dinner, while all talking so much loud that we can not understand each other!!!!! hahaaha!!!!!
    Good times!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Well, I've already been thinking about my Christmas Eve buffet menu. If I do end up hosting it this year, my menu will most likely be:

Lobster Crepes
    Fried Scallops
    Stuffed Clams
    Shrimp Cocktail
    Crab dip with veggies
    Crackers and Cheese
    Long Grain and Wild Rice
    Chicken Marsala
    Swedish Meatballs
    Caesar Salad
    Garlic Bread
    Homemade Fruitcake and Cookies

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Well, I've already been thinking about my Christmas Eve buffet menu. If I do end up hosting it this year, my menu will most likely be:

Lobster Crepes
    Fried Scallops
    Stuffed Clams
    Shrimp Cocktail
    Crab dip with veggies
    Crackers and Cheese
    Long Grain and Wild Rice
    Chicken Marsala
    Swedish Meatballs
    Caesar Salad
    Garlic Bread
    Homemade Fruitcake and Cookies
    If anyone is looking for me this Christmas eve, I'll be at ornamentmaven's house!
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 07-11-2015 at 04:08 AM.

I have a few close friends and some family and we have lots of food and confections there is so much and we enjoy christmas carols and just enjoy being together,for me to list foods it would take alot of reading lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    If anyone is looking for me this Christmas eve, I'll be at ornamentmaven's house!
    You're welcome! I will probably update this menu several times before the actual meal is served. LOL

For years we went to my wife's parents' house with several other family members. As all of the families have grown up, and some have moved away, we've had to alter our Christmas Eve celebration and have it when as many of us as possible are in town. As my in-laws are now in their upper-80s and the crowd has increased, we've moved the get-together to our house. We usually have eggs, cheese grits, country ham, baked apricots and homemade rolls. Dessert is typically something like cookies, fudge or truffles. We watch the kids in the family open their presents, then the adults do the annual Dirty Santa Gift Exchange.

If we get together on a night other than Christmas Eve, my wife, 2 daughters, son-in-law and I go to one of the Christmas Eve services at our church, then home for dinner and just hanging out watching Christmas movies for the evening.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

I go to church,then back home and enjoy a nice get together with friends and family and lots of food,christmas carols being sung,it's so nice.t07103.gif

Santa comes to daddy's house here on Xmas Eve morning, and to my son's mom's on Xmas morning.

We wake up really early on Xmas Eve, and my son opens all his presents. I then make chocolate chip pancakes, bacon or sausage, and hashbrowns for me, my boy and my wife.

Then at noon, we go to my parent's house for a family gathering that consist of a fantastic feast, followed by gifts. Then that evening, my son's mother comes to get him so that he can do it all over again at her house the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanniclause View Post
    Santa comes to daddy's house here on Xmas Eve morning, and to my son's mom's on Xmas morning.

We wake up really early on Xmas Eve, and my son opens all his presents. I then make chocolate chip pancakes, bacon or sausage, and hashbrowns for me, my boy and my wife.

Then at noon, we go to my parent's house for a family gathering that consist of a fantastic feast, followed by gifts. Then that evening, my son's mother comes to get him so that he can do it all over again at her house the next day.
    Lucky boy!