View Poll Results: Do you look and shop for "Christmas in July" specials/gifts?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • No

2 25.00%
  • Sometimes/Maybe if I see something worth getting

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas in July

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Agreed, but I'm always happy with my own inexpensive tree - I have so many ornaments - no one actually sees the tree itself!
    True...We use quite a few ornaments too. However, I just like to have a fuller tree because I don't like a lot of light to show through it during the day. We have a really high-quality artificial tree that we used 1 year before we had any kids. That year I moved a piece of furniture into the spare room in order to make room for it. Since we had kids, that room is no longer "spare". Hence, we had to get a "slim" tree because our good one was just too big. We've used the (cheap) slim one ever since. Just another reason I really want to move to a bigger house!!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I know how it is. We use a slim tree as well - one that fits in the front corner window - next to the fireplace. We used to set the tree in front of the back patio doors, but too much furniture to move, and the front corner window is just the ideal spot. I like full trees as well. We hope to move in the next year or so, which means we'll be starting some new traditions and ending some old ones as well.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Do you want to move out of Sloatsburg? It sure seems like a nice little community.

Sloatsburg is a great little community - except that it is soooooo.... expensive to live here in the NYC suburbs. Property taxes are sinfully high, utility rates are among the highest in the nation, and so on. My kids are grown, so we don't have to worry about the school system any longer. I am on Social Security Disability and my husband works from home, so we aren't tied to this area any more - in fact, it is stupid of us to keep spending the extra money. I will definitely miss it - but it should be worth it!

Anybody going anything Christmassy for the 4th of July? LOL

We did not. I hung some red,white and blue rope lights a few years back, but realized that in the Summer, it doesn't get dark until 10pm anyway, so it was kind of a waste. :(

I'm going to the Hallmark ornament premiere tomorrow morning at our local Hallmark store. Looking forward to picking up three of my ornaments. I won't have much time because I have to get to a double graduation party for my niece and nephew (1 college and 1 high school). Hope it's not too crowded - should be fun.

My husband asks me today "So are you putting up the tree for Christmas in July???" Whaaaa? "Just thought you'd want to make up for not being able to decorate last December, due to the move" No, I'm not that obsessed!

Tomorrow starts Christmas in July on QVC! So excited! Then next weekend it's the ornament premiere at Hallmark and all-day Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel. I need to have my last two laser eye surgeries on the 1st and 8th - so hope my vision isn't too cloudy to enjoy watching tv!

At least for me, I find this to be the best time of the year that people get rid of Christmas/holiday decorations really cheap at rummage sales and swap meets. Everyone wants out with the old and in with the new. Especially with the heat out they just want the stuff gone.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime