Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Christmas Movies

Your Favourite Christmas Movies

Hi there,

I know this has probably been done to death, but be gentle with me as I am new here!

Every year, without fail, a few days before Christmas, I dust off my favourite Christmas movies and watch them all. I try to add to my collection each year, but must confess I've never watched the classics (wonderful life, white christmas, original miracle on 34th st etc) from fear that I won't enjoy them as they will be dated.

However, each time I google the best christmas movies, I am surprised that Die Hard makes the list? As much as I love this film (I am a bloke afterall!) I wouldn't consider it a Christmas movie.

So just wanted to share with you the movies that make me feel good and gives me that warm glow inside, call Christmas spirit. In no particular order:

A Christmas Carol (any of them. I love them all. Alex Simms is the best, but I love Jim Carey one too).
    Muppets Christmas Carol (Ok, xmas carol is my favourite story of all time. Dickens, you're a god).
    Scrooged
    Elf,
    Christmas with the kranks (cheesey I know!)
    Home Alone 1 & 2 (for the music and decorations. Especially Rockafella xmas tree)
    Polar Express
    The Snowman
    Nightmare before christmas
    The Santa Clause
    Santa Claus the Movie (great memories of watching this as a child)
    Love Actually
    Fred Claus

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Christian

jeremy m Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neatheyc View Post
    Hi there,

I know this has probably been done to death, but be gentle with me as I am new here!

Every year, without fail, a few days before Christmas, I dust off my favourite Christmas movies and watch them all. I try to add to my collection each year, but must confess I've never watched the classics (wonderful life, white christmas, original miracle on 34th st etc) from fear that I won't enjoy them as they will be dated.

However, each time I google the best christmas movies, I am surprised that Die Hard makes the list? As much as I love this film (I am a bloke afterall!) I wouldn't consider it a Christmas movie.

So just wanted to share with you the movies that make me feel good and gives me that warm glow inside, call Christmas spirit. In no particular order:

A Christmas Carol (any of them. I love them all. Alex Simms is the best, but I love Jim Carey one too).
    Muppets Christmas Carol (Ok, xmas carol is my favourite story of all time. Dickens, you're a god).
    Scrooged
    Elf,
    Christmas with the kranks (cheesey I know!)
    Home Alone 1 & 2 (for the music and decorations. Especially Rockafella xmas tree)
    Polar Express
    The Snowman
    Nightmare before christmas
    The Santa Clause
    Santa Claus the Movie (great memories of watching this as a child)
    Love Actually
    Fred Claus

Christian
    welcome to christmas forums,God Bless you

The classics are better than most of the more recent movies. You are doing yourself an injustice by not watching them! Get yourself "Its a Wonderful Life", "Holiday Inn" and "Miracle on 34th Street" today!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:tree:

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    The classics are better than most of the more recent movies. You are doing yourself an injustice by not watching them! Get yourself "Its a Wonderful Life", "Holiday Inn" and "Miracle on 34th Street" today!
    I would add White Christmas, as well, with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye..
    Nice movie with wonderful/amazing songs!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Yes definitely White Christmas too
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by neatheyc View Post
    Hi there,

Hi Christian!

One of my favorite Christmas movies (well, not exactly a "movie," it was a TV show broadcast in the mid-sixties) is "A Christmas Memory" with Geraldine Paige.

I have a VHS recorded off the air when it was rebroadcast in the 80s.

There are some DVDs of it available on the web and I wonder about their quality. Have any of you ever watched the DVD version? I think they may be amateur transfers from VHS:
    Will in Seattle
    a.k.a. "Clueless"

http://XmasDVD.com - Watch Christmas clips, movies, commercials, cartoons and more, online all year long!

A Christmas Story

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Personally, "It's a Wonderful Life". With the kids, "Polar Express".

And Muppet Christmas Carol...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)