Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will u go shopping on Black Friday?

:gingerbread: Will u go shopping on Black Friday?

I've never gone shopping that day (Black Friday) - the idea of waking up at 3am to be part of a mob just to save money on something I don't need has never appealed to me. I'd rather sleep in and have left over stuffing and gravy for breakfast. LOL

But I guess if I was attacked by some free stuff when I was surfing online, I don’t mind LOL ,just like the Buy One Get One Free offer at macxdvd. Free things comes more and better,

jeremy m Guest
    nnnnope,me and my ceiling fans will stay home just to avoid the crowds in stores,so i will miss black painted friday and sleep till green saturday

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sissy View Post
    I've never gone shopping that day (Black Friday) - the idea of waking up at 3am to be part of a mob just to save money on something I don't need has never appealed to me. I'd rather sleep in and have left over stuffing and gravy for breakfast. LOL

But I guess if I was attacked by some free stuff when I was surfing online, I don’t mind LOL ,just like the Buy One Get One Free offer at macxdvd. Free things comes more and better,
    Not "no", but "hell no".

No, I couldn't handle the crowds; I'm claustrophobic.

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

I am back from Black Friday Shopping and am pretty much (like every year) done with Christmas Shopping. I was waiting on line at Best Buy about 4 am this morning and the guy was coming around with tickets for the big items

The way it worked was that pretty much you told the guy what you were there to get and he gave you a voucher for it -- if they had 12 computers in that style in stock then he had 12 tickets, once the tickets were gone that was it. So basically it was first come first serve but saved the mad dash to the big items.

I ultimately saved about 600 bucks with all of my shopping which is awesome and now that shopping is out of the way (save some little items) I can fully enjoy the season.

Now I might head out and get some Christmas decorations, the guy at the store said they are going to be on sale all day and I was eying this 8 foot Santa while we were shopping. Beings my girlfriend has decided to take a nap I can head back to the store without my 'conscience' saying "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BUY THAT, ARE YOU?!"
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Now get it all wrapped THIS weekend, and you'll be golden!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Now get it all wrapped THIS weekend, and you'll be golden!
    Pffft..Wrap my own gifts? I pawn all that off on the little lady. I am probably the worst present wrapper on the planet.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Fezziwig View Post
    Pffft..Wrap my own gifts? I pawn all that off on the little lady. I am probably the worst present wrapper on the planet.
    Me too...but I do it very quickly and use a LOT of tape! HA!!

No - my husband is the worst wrapper of all time - anywhere! He usually pays one of my daughters to wrap gifts he gets for me! I buy and wrap everything else!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I like to use so much tape that people have a hard time opening them. HA!