Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will u go shopping on Black Friday?

My husband told his dad that I like to peek before Christmas. I think my FIL used a whole roll of tape on my gift that year! I stopped peeking after that.

I have NEVER shopped on Black Friday and NEVER will! OTOH, I have shopped the day after Christmas.

I like to have my shopping done by Veteran's Day (Nov. 11th). It doesn't always work out that way - but for the most part... I like to go out on Black Friday just for the excitement of it! Lots of times, I'll go with someone else who is shopping and keep them company. That way, I can get in the spirit of things without having to stand on looooong lines!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    No chance!
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

I love to go out on Black Friday! After cleaning up the mess from Thanksgiving dinner, I pull out all of the sale papers and make a list for each store. It is the kickoff to the holiday season for me and it wouldn't be the same if I missed it. the crowds are annoying but it's still fun for me.

Tried it last year and LEARNED my lesson. There were people standing in line from the night before! Because of this, I could not get one of the "coveted" deals. Real bummer. Never again.
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

:santa: Black Fiiday

My wife gets up at 2am and heads out with her Ma and Sister, They love it..When she gets home thats when I head out, She has really made out well for our two boys over the years..This year she said she may be heading out at midnight.

My wife gets up at 2am and heads out with her Ma and Sister, They love it..When she gets home thats when I head out, She has really made out well for our two boys over the years..This year she said she may be heading out at midnight

I havnt done it in a while. I may try this year. But you never know what kind of craziness you will run ito that day. I remember growing up my parents would look over the new paper ads to see where they were going that day. Good memories.
    Rebecca
    Count your blessings...My daughter and grandson are mine

Nope, I don't think so. I don't usually go. One year, I'll try to though. Just not this year. I usually stay up all night on Thanksgiving night - into Black Friday & watch Christmas movies. I just perfer to do that (: If I do go, it'll only be to check out the sales on movies at Walmart. They usually have great prices for them on Black Friday.

Yes, we will go shopping on Black Friday.....but.....we will meet family for breakfast then shop late morning. We've been at stores at 6 AM in the past but the last time, a couple of years ago, we got 'stuck' in an overfull parking lot. There was so much traffic that traffic just stopped so we keep the breakfast tradition but altered the shopping routine.