Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Inflatables, Cute or Tacky?

inflatables are prolific here but I'm not a fan Seems like they are getting larger each year

I LOVE THEM!!!! :D They are tacky, but I have a soft spot for tacky.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

I use a mix of inflatables and other items, as my yard changes every year. For myself, I keep them at 6' tall or less, with the occasional exception of an arch.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I used inflatable for my decoration. It looks really good.

I use to have an inflatable snowman and I put it up every year, It was a pain to make it stay up with out it falling .Once it was in place it look great. But still a pain. Then one year I decided to donate it cause it was such a pain. When the grandkids came and didn't see it, they were so disappointed. They asked where it was, why wasn't frosty up, and so on...I felt so bad, I had to get another one....it can still be a pain, but I do it for the grandkids and all who got use to seeing frosty....lol

I think its Christmas time , let this guy with all the inflatables have his fun, and enjoy decorating. whether they might look tacky or clutter, for others they might be enjoyable to look at when taking a walk or driving bye, but at least he has the Christmas spirit and sharing in his own way for all to see at night...

I like them unless they are too big. 9' Santa? I don't think so... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

They certainly must be growing in popularity because there are TONS of them for sale these days!!

I think one of the reasons for their popularity is that they can be compressed down for storage. Unlike say blow-molds...

Quote Originally Posted by lizziesnow123 View Post
    I use to have an inflatable snowman and I put it up every year, It was a pain to make it stay up with out it falling .Once it was in place it look great. But still a pain. Then one year I decided to donate it cause it was such a pain. When the grandkids came and didn't see it, they were so disappointed. They asked where it was, why wasn't frosty up, and so on...I felt so bad, I had to get another one....it can still be a pain, but I do it for the grandkids and all who got use to seeing frosty....lol

I think its Christmas time , let this guy with all the inflatables have his fun, and enjoy decorating. whether they might look tacky or clutter, for others they might be enjoyable to look at when taking a walk or driving bye, but at least he has the Christmas spirit and sharing in his own way for all to see at night...
    I'd be one of the people that would have been sad that you no longer had your Frosty- so I thank you for keeping it up on behalf of others like me!

And I agree- at least the guy was spreading Christmas cheer. Enthusiasm is so nice to see, even if it's not to your taste.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I know that our street is on the city "Limo" tour and one of the drivers commented to me that he always enjoys the fact that every year is different...