Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflatables, Cute or Tacky?

Inflatables, Cute or Tacky?

What are yours guys thoughts on Inflatables? I've always thought they looked nice in the yard as long as there is only one big one or two small ones .. anything more than that and it gets a little much.

There is one nearby home and they guy has dozens of 5' Tall Toy Soldier inflatables -- like really it looks like the guy has raised an Army in the yard. Interestingly, when its all made up it doesn't look that bad but I still think that more than one or two is too many.

When the guy does it this year I will take a picture to post for you guys.
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

not my style of decorating at all but then a lot of people might not like my over abundance of interior decorating - beauty is in the eye of the beholder .......

Lynne
    One can never have too many Christmas decorations

:santa:

I think some are nice if displayed nicely as i decorate my whole house even have a tree in my new kitchen as i moved and have a bigger home lots to decorate it all looks nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    However anyone wants to decorate for the holidays is completely up to them. Whether or not I would do it, certainly doesn't mean it's not festive for others. Just sayin'.

So...to answer the question. Neither and both.

I think they are okay. They really aren't my style. They look fine when they are inflated but when they aren't- it just looks like dead animals laying all over the place. I also don't like to see alot of them in one yard. There is a house near ours that puts up about 20 of them. Half of them are up already and inflated!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I also am not a huge fan. I don't mind looking at them, but I don't think I'd ever own any. Just wouldn't flow with my ideas on exterior holiday lighting.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I only seem to like them if they are out in the country. They seem to look better in big spaces. I think they can make urban or suburban yards look cluttered. That being said, my parents (who don't live in the country) own one. They used to decorate up for the holidays, but as they get older less and less decorating seems to be happening. I think they bought the inflatable to make decorating easier. Instead of putting lights all over the yard, they just have one big decoration.
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 11-14-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Yes they must be so much easier. I can understand that!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I don't mind them. They're not my style though.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World