Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Inflatables, Cute or Tacky?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    How many in total now?
    Six inflatables make up the family gathering, plus lights and other yard decorations...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

no likey

To each their own my friend. I get a ton of compliments...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude View Post
    They let the dog run loose even after it bit someone. They've been made aware of what it's doing.

I have been putting icicle lights on the gutters but I thought about going with the C9 lights this year. My dad put those on the gutters when I was little so it reminds me of that.

Mistletoe, do you decorate outdoors?
    We also have a neighbor that let their dog run loose. It used to come into our yard regularly and terrorize my nephew. The dog ended up biting someone who was walking past their house. It was reported and the dog had to be put down. I feel for you.

The only thing I do outdoors is put lights on the front and side bushes. They're so big it takes me 3 hours. Last year I tried some C9's because they have happy memories for me too. I started with LED, but they were WAY too bright, so I switched to the incandescent, which were much better. This year I've added purple bulbs, but I'm nervous that they're going to look Eastery, instead of the Charlie Brown fun I was picturing. With those I'm putting white mini lights on the shorter (over 5' high) front bushes. I'm looking forward to seeing it all lit.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude View Post
    I love blow molds. Especially the big candles that say NOEL on them.
    I love blow molds, too- another nostalgic thing.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I have a couple of those candles and another two "Wooden" soldiers that are blow molds.

don't like them

I use a combination. What I do like best about them is that you can get a nice big inflatable into a very small box, unlike blow molds for instance...

wind and ice wiped out the neighbors inflatables last year, they don't last

Yeah, you most certainly have to stay on top of them. But, when the inevitable comes, like last year's real tree, it will be time for a new one...