Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Inflatables, Cute or Tacky?

I don't mind them when they are actually inflated. When they're spread out on the ground it certainly does look tacky. If you want to see what I really love, here is one example:

POTTERY BARN

My neighbor has a huge inflatable snow globe; blows snow all around inside it! It's quite cumbersome in their yard, but it's very cool to see every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post
    I don't mind them when they are actually inflated. When they're spread out on the ground it certainly does look tacky. If you want to see what I really love, here is one example:

POTTERY BARN
    Yes MW - love that style! I have always said the same thing about the inflatables - they look like dead animals all over the yard when they aren't inflated!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by MisreadAlert View Post
    My neighbor has a huge inflatable snow globe; blows snow all around inside it! It's quite cumbersome in their yard, but it's very cool to see every night.
    I've seen one of those somewhere. I'm a huge fan of snow globes!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Yes MW - love that style! I have always said the same thing about the inflatables - they look like dead animals all over the yard when they aren't inflated!
    My house doesn't look as great as the POTTERY BARN photo. I'd have to find a bag of money to buy all that. But I've saved the picture for inspiration.

I think they are cute. A few look kind of odd, but I like seeing them for the most part. A bigger yard helps, though. Or else it looks a little cluttered.
    Last edited by DayTek; 11-17-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    "Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
    Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow World View Post

POTTERY BARN
    This is absolutely gorgeous! I love this style too..... maybe someday for me

My neighbor has an inflatable Turkey in his yard for Thansksgiving and it does look cute!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

It depends on what they look like. I think some are cute and some aren't.

Whilst I prefer more subtle decorations, I also must admit I quite like coming across houses that decorate in a spectacular fashion. In other words, I prefer decoration like this:

christmas-decorations-3-1.jpg

But, I can't help loving houses like this as well:

HowNotToDecorate.jpg

I suppose it's just appreciation of Christmas in very different ways!