Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Thanksgiving in the UK...

I am obviously not american but i am soooooo jealous of thanksgiving..it sounds like such an amazing day! Its almost like a christmas rehearsal...getting all the family together and celebrating...would love it if we had a day like that the end of november each year.
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

Steph - Thanksgiving is really a very special holiday! It brings friends and families together to recognize and be thankful for all of our blessings. We enjoy a beautiful meal together with great conversation, fun times and reflection. No gifts, no extravagances, little cost! It is kind of the calm before the storm!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Steph - Thanksgiving is really a very special holiday! It brings friends and families together to recognize and be thankful for all of our blessings. We enjoy a beautiful meal together with great conversation, fun times and reflection. No gifts, no extravagances, little cost! It is kind of the calm before the storm!
    seriously sounds really nice!!

families dont come together often enough just to hang out and enjoy each other company!! a great holiday!
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

I agree...It is now that I have to get ready for the season...We have football (American) starting...preseason at least. Coming from Texas, we are huge fans. So high school football on Friday nights, my boy's game on Sat. and tailgating (BBQ) on Sundays. Then the months fly by...Oct. -Halloween, Nov. -Thanksgiving, and of course Christmas! It is the first day of school here. So, today is the "official" start of my busy season!
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

Love everything about this time of year! Our first day of school is September 7th this year! For me, the season starts on Labor Day (9/5) and runs until new Year's day! I do go to some of the high school football games as well, but my daughter is no longer involved in fall sports. I miss the cheerleading, volleyball and soccer games!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Love everything about this time of year! Our first day of school is September 7th this year! For me, the season starts on Labor Day (9/5) and runs until new Year's day! I do go to some of the high school football games as well, but my daughter is no longer involved in fall sports. I miss the cheerleading, volleyball and soccer games!
    I know what ya mean! I love fall sports...although we do baseball too, it seems as if fall sports are more exciting!
    A Very Merry Christmas to all!

It is very much the "calm before the storm" as Black Friday starts the next day (I've even seen it start on Thanksgiving which is a travesty).

My Christmas Blogs:
    - My most popular Christmas blog: KrisKringleForSingles dot blogspot dot com
    -
    HolidaySingleGirldot blogspot dot com
    -
    SilverandGoldChristmas dot blogspot dot com

Quote Originally Posted by stephmcuk View Post
    I am obviously not american but i am soooooo jealous of thanksgiving..it sounds like such an amazing day! Its almost like a christmas rehearsal...getting all the family together and celebrating...would love it if we had a day like that the end of november each year.
    That's funny- I've never thought of Thanksgiving as a Christmas rehearsal. I can see that, though.
    I've always loved Thanksgiving, but seeing it through the eyes of people who wish they celebrated it, makes it even more appealing to me.
    I like when the Canadians celebrate it, that's when all the foliage is changing where I am. So, we have a dinner outside around that time (on a day the weather cooperates). It's usually quite lovely and inspires thankfulness.Then we also have the traditional Thanksgiving, which kicks off the Christmas season!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.