Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Decorations

Your Decorations

How would you describe your decorations?

I was talking with my mum about christmas decorations and hers are very modern and non traditional, she does not like father christmas so she has no pictures of him no models etc in the house....its all snow flakes/white and more what i would call winter wonderland style.

My b/f mum is very traditional and has no lights on her tree just older baubles and older decorations around the house.

I think mine are a mix of the two. which do you think feels more christmassy?
    Steph xx
    So excited for christmas 2012

Quote Originally Posted by stephmcuk View Post
    How would you describe your decorations?

I was talking with my mum about christmas decorations and hers are very modern and non traditional, she does not like father christmas so she has no pictures of him no models etc in the house....its all snow flakes/white and more what i would call winter wonderland style.

My b/f mum is very traditional and has no lights on her tree just older baubles and older decorations around the house.

I think mine are a mix of the two. which do you think feels more christmassy?
    Well you can see mine in my albums...but I like the winter wonderland look and

a kiddie look in the kitchen......

I love anything and everything - especially doll ornaments

My decorations are a bit of everything. Old, new, different colors, etc.

I've been reading about themes. And its something I really want to start doing. I guess the easiest would be to do a color theme. But I want to work up to trying a rustic theme and a Victorian theme. They both sound fabulous.
    Merry Christmas to all - for all the year round. http://www.myvintagechristmasdecorations.net

My favorite table decoration is a salt & pepper shaker set in the image of Father and Mother Christmas. They have been celebrating Christmas with us for years!
    Merry Christmas to all - for all the year round. http://www.myvintagechristmasdecorations.net

Talking

Im away too much traditional..

Like old fashioned Christmas and Im a huge fan of red and green colors,
    I love red bows all over the place I decorate and I also hang lots of candy canes and Christmas cards on the tree.
    I like old toys, I always place a nativity scene under the tree and I also love trains under the tree..

Christmas and the Holiday season brings to me back memories of times past.
    Well, I think, many things, such as decorations, are based on the traditions of my parents and of course, their parents.
    Last edited by olga; 08-29-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    Im away too much traditional..

Like old fashioned Christmas and Im a huge fan of red and green colors,
    I love red bows all over the place I decorate and I also hang lots of candy canes and Christmas cards on the tree.
    I like old toys, I always place a nativity scene under the tree and I also love trains under the tree..

Christmas and the Holiday season brings to me back memories of times past.
    Well, I think, many things, such as decorations, are based on the traditions of my parents and of course, their parents.
    Am pretty traditional myself I love getting Christmas cards, and writing personal greetings for my friends. And toys too. I'm a big woman trapped in a girl's body!
    Last edited by ChantelleJoy; 10-07-2010 at 05:05 PM.

:gift:

Quote Originally Posted by Elizah View Post
    Am pretty traditional myself I love getting Christmas cards, and writing personal greetings for my friends. And toys too. I'm a big woman trapped in a girl's body!
    You could not say it better, Eliza!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I'm also traditional-love the red and green. But to match my living room decor, I've opted to go with an overall gold theme, although I also have more traditional decorations I use as well.

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

I like all kinds of Christmas themes abd colors. I'm so indecisive so I use various themes and colors in different parts of my house. The foyer is a winter wonderland white. The dining room is more formal red velvet ribbon and shiney blown glass and gold ornaments. The kitchem is mostly food-type ornaments on a big wreath in the window and christmas towels and potholders. I put out many old toys, old cards sent to family in the 30's and 40's and family pictures(me with Santa etc) in the guest bedroom.The ornaments on the small tree in there are characters from children's books and movies. And since I can't make up my mind what I like best, the living room tree alternates 4 different themes through the years: Natural rustic with cloth wood and pottery ornaments and wooden "cranberry" garland and colored lights ; a glacial nordic theme with white, crystal and red and white ornaments and a white pearl garland and white lights; "mod" mid century whimsical ornaments in turquoise, chartreuse, royal and some fushia and of course a traditional shiney red and green and gold tree. I guess my decorations would be described as a little bit of everything.