Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Papa's Decorating Marathon 2010

Papa, your tree is beautiful. And, about your star at the top , again, it looks just like the one my mother had back in the '60's. Her's could fold flat, that's why I think it must have been made of cardboard, or some heavy paper. It was covered with a shiny gold, but I don't know what material that was. I found one on a website a couple years ago and they wanted $60 for it. I always loved it, but I'm not about to pay that much. She had another, similar star, that, even though it, too, was three dimensional, it was more like a sun, that went flat on the wall. It, too, had 3 small round bulbs, each a different color. I guess I am jealous of your star. I want one, too. lol Oh, and they both had lots of holes/slits to let the light through.

oh how pretty Papa Christmas - love everything about it .....

Lynne
    One can never have too many Christmas decorations

That is my kind of tree Papa! Love it.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Well we had quite a productive weekend. Got the carpet cleaning out of the way on Friday and had the rest of the weekend for decorating. Most of the living room is finished.

My wife collects Nutcrackers so we have them set out on the mantel and on the Entertainment Center. The two small trees on either side of the fire place are decorated with them as well as the garland on the mantel.

This is the angel corner, these two trees as well as the Nutcracker trees on the hearth are my wife’s handy work .She’s not happy with the angel tree topper so I figure it will be gone before long.I think she did a wonderful job. I’m not very talented at working with piks and garlands and ribbons on trees I prefer to just cover every inch with ornaments.

I have the train tree put together and have started on the decorations I’m going to put the present tree in the study together tonight so I can get the tree boxes all put back in the attic. I have 10 days left to reach my goal I would give it a 50/50 chance right now.

Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Papa C it looks wonderful....
    Merry Christmas to all...

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    It's a Christmas wonderland! Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures!

Beautiful! I collect nutcrackers also. I have about 35 or so as I have trimmed it down a bit. I refuse to buy more totes for all my decorations.

I love the way you have your nutcrackers displayed. I should do something like that with mine! I think we have three of the same nutcrackers!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

:holly:

Papa Christmas it looks sooo beautiful. And I love that painting with Santa. You really go all the way, it's gorgeous.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Oh wow. I just love the Santa Claus painting.
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com