Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exciting stuff - new decorations!

Exciting stuff - new decorations!

I went to the home and garden store today and it was packed full of Christmas decorations! I couldn't resist picking up a few odd bits

I got some more snowey / icey baubles and hanging decorations for my tree, a train advent calander with draws in it that pull out, a train snow globe set, a musical tree snow globe and a couple of snow man ornaments :-) They have loads more and I wanted it all but couldn't justify spending more today. I'll definately be going back before December, though! I want to get some window stickers, too

It's so exciting seeing the rest of the world starting to acknowledge the Christmas season approaching (as opposed to just us Christmas nuts! ). The spirit of Christmas becomes even more tangible once everybody is feeling it a little bit

In the fall, I say "When will they put the garden stuff away and bring out the Christmas items?" Then every week that I go to Walmart, I head straight for the garden center and check their progress. The last time I went they had just stocked one aisle with ornaments. I didn't buy anything, but I was excited!

I'm happy for you that you got new purchases.

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post

I went to the home and garden store today and it was packed full of Christmas decorations! I couldn't resist picking up a few odd bits

I got some more snowey / icey baubles and hanging decorations for my tree, a train advent calander with draws in it that pull out, a train snow globe set, a musical tree snow globe and a couple of snow man ornaments :-) They have loads more and I wanted it all but couldn't justify spending more today. I'll definately be going back before December, though! I want to get some window stickers, too

It's so exciting seeing the rest of the world starting to acknowledge the Christmas season approaching (as opposed to just us Christmas nuts! ). The spirit of Christmas becomes even more tangible once everybody is feeling it a little bit
    Could we have a few pics of your new purchases..
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Could we have a few pics of your new purchases..
    My hubby has taken the camera to work, but I'll try and get some later / tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_mama View Post
    My hubby has taken the camera to work, but I'll try and get some later / tomorrow
    Great, I love seeing decorations. I'm off to a Garden Centre tomorrow, probably

buy some more glass for the living room tree, can't help myself. You should see our

little room it's full..

Here's a few bit I got the other week..

These are for the kitchen tree

These are for the hallway tree

These are for the living room garlands..

Wow! That first picture is fascinating, Tink. I like those candy canes!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

Here's what I bought yesterday

For the tree:

Snow globe train:

Snow man family (I got two of these):

Christmas Tree Musical Snow Globe. You wind it up and it plays the tune of "We Wish You a Merry Christmas":

I can't wait to get my decorations up now! I may even do it before December this year! I usually wait until a week before Christmas but I'm just too excited and in love with the season! I'm thinking the tree will come out on the last day of November this year