Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Papa's Decorating Marathon 2010

Papa's Decorating Marathon 2010

Every year my plan is to be done decorating by Thanksgiving so that I can kick back relax and enjoy the finished product for as many days as possible. Through the years I have only achieved this goal a handful of times. These days with 40 plus bins of inside decorations 3 large trees and 5 small trees and a substantial amount of outside lights it can be quite a daunting task. I do so love doing it though.

This year I have removed one major consumer of my free time as I have backed away from a model railroad club that I truly enjoyed. My leave of absence made a big difference in my train layout progress this year so we shall see if I can pull off Christmas 2010 between now and Thanksgiving.

I will post my progress and count down the days in this thread so you can follow along and see if I can reach my goal. I got my start this weekend by trimming bushes and trees and cleaning flower beds in preparation of the outdoor display. Today I cleaned the hardwood floors laid down the train board and erected my first and largest tree. Here are some pics.

Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Good job Papa!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Great : )
    Its the season to be jolly
    www.the-christmas-season.com

Looking good Papa C....
    Merry Christmas to all...

Snowman is offline Naughty & Nice List Keeper
    I don't envy you all the hard work, but what beautiful results Look forward to seeing the rest!

Looking forward to all of the upcoming pics Papa

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

When you look at the work we all go through to prepare for Christmas is it any wonder so many people think we are crazy?

If they only understood what it’s like to have the need to spread cheer and feel the joy that it brings.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Boy between following your progress and Mike's I may be putting up trees BEFORE my self-imposed start time of the day after Thanksgiving. I do a pretty large harvest/fall decorating and like to still have it up for Thanksgiving but this year may be different. I do already have a fall tree up in golds, copper, rust and cream colors so I guess in a way I have started. Looking forward to following your progress .....

Lynne
    One can never have too many Christmas decorations

Lynne I'm with you regarding the Thanksgiving/harvest decorations. It would be different if I didn't have company for Thanksgiving!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    We don't host Thanksgiving. However, we still do our interior decorating on the day after Thanksgiving. I never want to lose sight of the significance of Thanksgiving. I love that holiday as well!!