Thread: Making them a photo painting for Christmas gift?

Making them a photo painting for Christmas gift?

Hiya,

My family (restraint) consists of 3 members....that means 3 people I need to make happy on Christmas day, normally with 3 separate gifts. Now, given the fact that my mom is extremely picky when it comes to getting us gifts, and letting alone my dad who's always been crazy for getting these exactly based on our preferences and tastes, I thought of trying something different for them this Christmas:

Having a hand made huge painting from our family photo... and not just any photo..it's a photo since when I was 10 and my sister 8, taken when my uncles from Barcelona came to visit us and all the family gathered together in our house for 3 whole days. I guess that was the happiest memory of my family together..

Anyways, what do you think of this gift, considering that I'm on a relatively tight budget this year as I'm unemployed right now and just can't afford buying some decent gifts to each of them?

Is it too small? Do you think it's too insignificant? Please let me know what you'd think if you were them and saw a big painting of all of us together as a "collective" Christmas gift...

Here's the source I found for the gift so that you can make an idea about what it is: www.paintedsouvenirs.com

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Gifts given out of love are priceless. Your parents will LOVE it!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Gifts given out of love are priceless. Your parents will LOVE it!!
    Thank a lot you're kind to say that...it's just that I don't want to let them down for not giving them EACH a gift like we did every Christmas..oh well..hopefully they won't be dissapointed or something I just wanted to know if you guys think it's a good idea...I think I'll go for it after all

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by taja609 View Post
    Thank a lot you're kind to say that...it's just that I don't want to let them down for not giving them EACH a gift like we did every Christmas..oh well..hopefully they won't be dissapointed or something I just wanted to know if you guys think it's a good idea...I think I'll go for it after all
    I've given my parents many "combination" gifts over the years. Like I said in another post, Christmas means so much more than gifts. Love and family are so much more significant. There have been several years where I couldn't afford to give them anything. Just being there was most important.

It sounds great!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Thank you all for encouraging me I've gone for it... will show you the result once the painting is done

I think it's a great idea.

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World