Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got rid of my big tree and...

Good thoughts to all in the thread who've had a tough year. I hope you are all doing better and hang in there. I know what you mean about 2010, it's been hard. But I refuse to be down, Christmas is what I am looking forward too.

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I'm always checking out Goodwill for new options to add to my outdoor lighting!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Sorry to hear things haven't been going well for my fellow posters. I'll be praying for you guys.

Thanks!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I wish I had some extra decoration to offer to others in my family but unfortunately I never find it to be enough for what I need...

We actually brought a box of Christmas decorations to the Goodwill last year. It was all stuff that either my wife or I had from back when we were both single. Since we got married, we added so much stuff that fits more with our home and lifestyle that it no longer found a place anywhere. Hopefully it went to a good home!

Maybe I should donate some of mine. I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Christmas decs! I think because you only see them for a month or so out of every year, they just become so special to you that you can't let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Maybe I should donate some of mine. I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to Christmas decs! I think because you only see them for a month or so out of every year, they just become so special to you that you can't let them go.
    I hoarded too long. I just couldn't stand not being able to get to every container because the path kept getting narrower and everything was stacked so high. It was like a mental illness, I think. Now before I'm buried alive, I'm going to dig my way out!

Yeah MW, you are describing the Christmas storage area of my basement exactly!! Most of the boxes and bins hold all the village stuff - shops, trees, people, mountains, streams, etc,etc,etc! Love the way the village looks, but it is a pain and very time-consuming to set up. I promised myself that I would not add to it this year!

I just got new storage bins for all my outdoor stuff! WOOHOO!