Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred Claus...

Snowman is offline Naughty & Nice List Keeper

Fred Claus...

is showing on Sky [uk] this afternoon.

Lightbulb

I saw the film last year, did not like it much, I have to say...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Not crazy about Fred Claus either. Think it would have ben better with different actors. Santa didn't look like Santa and Fred was annoying - I don't enjoy him in any movie. Can't remember either actor's name - Santa - Giametta?
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Not crazy about Fred Claus either. Think it would have been better with different actors. Santa didn't look like Santa and Fred was annoying - I don't enjoy him in any movie. Can't remember either actor's name - Santa - Giametta?

Santa - Paul Giamatti
    Fred - Vince Vaughn

Usually these guys are pretty good, but it was a type of slapstick that was geared towards teenagers, I think. I dunno. *shrug*
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Red face

And here is the trailer for those who wanna have a look..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv9ce8cJVfg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I actually have always loved this movie. The last 20 minutes are always breathtaking to me. And I love the prologue. I just think it's highly underrated and I have so much fun watching it every year.

didn't watch it yet
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

A disgrace to Christmas, and an absolutely despicable film. I watched it in theatres and hated it. HATED it.

This is one of my favourite movies to watch, along with Christmas with the Kranks and the Santa Clause trilogy (gotta love Tim Allen), and The Grinch and Christmas Carol (gotta love Jim Carey). My other favourite Christmas movie is called "Secret Santa", and it has the woman from Beverly Hills 90210 playing a reporter who is doing a report on a town who has a Secret Santa giving out one gift to the most deserving person each year.

I'm not a huge fan of Vince Vaughn, but thought he did an ok job in this movie. I like the guy (name escapes me at the moment) who is there to shut down Christmas. I love the scene where he is humming / singing Deck the Halls while shredding the childrens letters, especially when he says "well Suzie, this is how you make pasta" then shreds her letter.

that is a movie that I have never seen and have no desire to