Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Gift!

I got a toilet descaler and a tea towel from my mother-in-law last year. I think that's pretty bad!

Ha ha - that is bad!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by janefuller View Post
    I got a toilet descaler and a tea towel from my mother-in-law last year. I think that's pretty bad!
    I don't even know what that is...but it doesn't sound good.

Well, the two worst gifts I ever received come to mind.

When I was about 14 years old, my stepmother gave me a hideous light blue sweatshirt that looked completely unlike anything I ever wore. It annoyed me a bit because there was clearly no thought behind it--you just had to see it to know it came from the bargain bin. It was weird because she generally gave pretty cool gifts. I wanted to express gratitude without lying, so when she asked if I like it I smiled and said "This will keep me warm!" I wore it once when my mother's apartment was really cold, but every time I passed a mirror I felt stupid, so I never wore it again.

The other was during a secret Santa exchange at work a few years ago. A co-worker got me a set of Stetson (I didn't even know they sold that anymore!) even though I'd mentioned on many occasions at work that I stopped wearing cologne over ten years ago. He was a really nice guy so I did my best to convince him that I loved it, though.

Hi friend,
    By far the worst holiday gifts idea is a Christmas present that is designed to hint at something that you think the recipient should improve upon or change in their life. The main culprits in this area are weight loss gifts. Although you may feel that the holiday gift of some weight loss program shows how much you care about the other person and that you want them to feel better about themselves and improve their health, it will not be perceived as such by the recipient. A gift such as this simply means that you think the other person is not good enough and that there is something wrong with them. If an area of someone's life needs improvement, they need to come to this realization themselves without any "help" from you.

Thanks
    triflerecipecards.com

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Yeah...I couldn't imagine ever giving anyone a gift like that.

What a terrible gift idea! Who could be so rude at Christmas time?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    What a terrible gift idea! Who could be so rude at Christmas time?
    The one that gave me a t-shirt with Mo for Christmas

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

Once I received a horrible photo frame from my ex BF. He probably didn’t appreciate me ((

The worst gives i use to get were those Members Only jackets... Got one every year from the age of 6 until about 16... just different colors every year..
    For the Birds